One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"FOR THE HONOR OF GRAYSKULL!"

This is my first Phicen kitbash. I am pretty proud of this lovely lady!

Please let me know what you think!

(Now I need to make a custom of her brother) :thumb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow she looks great! I love this costume, and the head sculpt. Was the hair re-rooted?
Thanks!
The head sculpt is a KO Hot Toys Elizabeth Olsen head, (but you have to be careful because there are good ones and not so good ones) and the hair is a Kumik wig.

·
Batmanila
850 Posts
Wow! Amazing kitbash! Reminds me of my old mattel She-Ra figure when I was a kid. Are the costume made from scratch?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think a minor improvement would be to add a slight bit of padding to inside the gauntlets or on the wrists, so they stay in place a bit better.

Wow! Amazing kitbash! Reminds me of my old mattel She-Ra figure when I was a kid. Are the costume made from scratch?
It's the She-Ra doll that Mattel made early this year. It sold rather poorly, even at 50% off in the recent Matty Collector shutdown sale.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe(R) She-Ra(R)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very nice figure! Liz Olsen makes a great She-ra!
Thanks! I agree! She is so pretty! It was a bit of a happy accident as I happened to have an extra Elizabeth Olsen head sculpt, and a blonde wig I had gotten for another kitbash (but the wig didn't look right for that).

Thanks marakep!
The costume is indeed from the Matty SDCC She-Ra. (And accessories)
Kumik hair (wig)
Elizabeth Olsen/Scarlet Witch head
S12D body with modded hand
Left hand from Hot Toys Maria Hill

I think a minor improvement would be to add a slight bit of padding to inside the gauntlets or on the wrists, so they stay in place a bit better.

It's the She-Ra doll that Mattel made early this year. It sold rather poorly, even at 50% off in the recent Matty Collector shutdown sale.

Yep. Definitely worth getting!
I am hoping they make a muscular suntan Phicen body. But in the interim, I could make some padding under the bracers. Maybe a red cloth? Or white?

·
Evo-One
336 Posts
She looks beautiful! Excellent job! I plan on doing my own, and this is very inspirational. One question, did you have a problem securing the outfit in the back?

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Just the right recipe for a mighty fine looking She-Ra.

Excellent work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She looks beautiful! Excellent job! I plan on doing my own, and this is very inspirational. One question, did you have a problem securing the outfit in the back?
Thanks!
Yes, the suit is a bit tight and hard to close in back. I don't think I was able to close it quite all the way. A figure with a lightly smaller chest size might work better. However, as you can see the results (even with an S12D) is still quite stunning! The belt helps keep it secure, and then the cape helps hide the back anyway.
Best of luck!
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Just the right recipe for a mighty fine looking She-Ra.

Excellent work.
Thanks! It was somewhat of a "happy accident". I happened to have those parts on hand, and just had a hunch they'd work nicely together. :) For my tastes I could not have done better had I planned it out. Every time I look at her on my shelf, I am like, dang, she looks great! So happy how she turned out!

I am currently working on two more kit-bashes. Mockingbird (aka Bobbi) from Agents Of Shield, and Lady Jaye from GI Joe. (the later's parts arrived today!)

·
Registered
5,666 Posts

I'm not sure if we know that to be true because each of these SDCC "exclusives" is sui generis, hard to quantify. Some they make in very limited quantities for SDCC, and some exist purely as one-off opportunities to promote figure lines, while there were others that they clearly wanted to premiere at SDCC but then intended to keep selling on their website forever. It does tends to support your point that as of the closing date year-end, Matty still had some She-Ras available at 50% off -- but we have no idea how many they had in the warehouse. If they manufactured enough that they intended Matty to sell them for years, it's probably no surprise that even in the 50% off everything must go, they still didn't exhaust the supply. Doesn't mean they sold poorly. Prior to the sale I've had a couple in hand at Toy Shows up here in Canada, selling for for big $, so some of them got around.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow! impressive work; some of your pics really look like they were taken from of movie. One thing that could make it even better is the cape; I think you need to use a thinner - heavier?- fabric to have it flowing. Lining it might not be a good idea as it will add bulk. Also, making - or finding - tiny fancy brass-looking buttons as attachments could help, as well as a thin short chain. I would pass it over the neck and under the opposite arm. Just an idea...

·
Registered
19 Posts
She looks great. I picked up the She-Ra at the clearance sale, and I really like her. Your kitbash really takes her from looking like she is from a comic to looking like a potentially real version. Nicely done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow! impressive work; some of your pics really look like they were taken from of movie. One thing that could make it even better is the cape; I think you need to use a thinner - heavier?- fabric to have it flowing. Lining it might not be a good idea as it will add bulk. Also, making - or finding - tiny fancy brass-looking buttons as attachments could help, as well as a thin short chain. I would pass it over the neck and under the opposite arm. Just an idea...
Thanks!
Some intriguing points too! Thanks!
I know the "neck collar" part kind of bugs me. I'd like to at least find a better way to do that.

She looks great. I picked up the She-Ra at the clearance sale, and I really like her. Your kitbash really takes her from looking like she is from a comic to looking like a potentially real version. Nicely done.
Thank you! That's one of the things I love about this, is her "life-likeness."

I have recently done two more kitbashes.
Lady Jaye from GI Joe
and
Mockingbird (aka. Bobbi Morse) from Agents Of Shield

I'll have to post them here in these forums sometime.

Thanks for all your encouragement !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts