One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this should go in the tips & tricks forum or hear because of the nudity. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I wanted to shade my Phicen body and I've tried acrylic water based paints but I never get the blending I want. Then in comes the wife and mentions concealer she uses.

It paints on easy, goes on light and then darkens just enough and can be smudged to blend and give it the shadowing effect I wanted. Plus it sticks like glue to the silicone body but with a little soap and water will come off.

I did use a mix of acrylic paint and the make-up on the nipples for texture.

Hope this helps.

make-up used was cover girl concealer medium color.

Don't mind the photos, the flash washes out the detail so I took them without it.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Thanks for the tips about the make-up! These bodies have great detail, but require some different techniques to bring them out in a semi-permanent way.

Your results would be a lot easier to see if you do add a bit of light- some existing light from a window, for example. You can also mute the flash with tissue, or a hankerchief. It would be great to get a better look at your detialing results.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips about the make-up! These bodies have great detail, but require some different techniques to bring them out in a semi-permanent way.

Your results would be a lot easier to see if you do add a bit of light- some existing light from a window, for example. You can also mute the flash with tissue, or a hankerchief. It would be great to get a better look at your detialing results.
Thanks for the tips. As soon as I am done doing all the mods to the body I'll repost the pics

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Better photos hopefully. I'm doing it with a cell camera until I get back to work to use my photo room.

I added some more details like freckles on the shoulders and breast.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you apply anything to keep them from smudging or is this necessary with this body?
With the concealer no, it sets in about thirty seconds and is on until you scrub it off. The eye brow pencil takes longer to dry but once on its on. Probably have to scrub that as well.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Phicen Mod, Adding depth, shadowing realism. **New Photos Added for Tattoos

Finally got the tattoos added to the Phicen figure.

Used tattoo transfer paper you can find on ebay and then used a powder makeup (this makeup stuff really has it's uses) to kind of dust it afterwards to keep it from curling and blend it a little better.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Phicen Mod, Adding depth, shadowing realism. Added Photos (Hair)

Forgot to add this one with the last. Used clear fabric tack glue and shadowed with concealer. Then clipped very short hair off a Triad head sculpt, then trimed to shape with a pair of curved scissors.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, this last detail is amazing! That's the most realistic example I've seen yet. Your detailing is outstanding!
Thanks, greatly appreciate that. I've added a few more very small tattoos to match the real girl I'm making this for. Next project is trying to improve on a Triad head.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a side note, this piece started off as a personal project but if for any reason anyone wants their seamless body mod'ed contact me and I can either walk you through it and point you in the right direction or I can do it for you and we can work something out.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally got the Triad head in. Changes so far not pictured. Cut back hair and in process of getting it to lay flat to match life model.

Pictured below are very subtle changes but they add more depth and realism to the face. The girl this is being modeled after gave me some of the makeup she uses on her face so I could color match. Redid the eyebrows, highlighted cheek bones, add a gloss to lips and then noticed that the powder stuff she uses blends the tattoos better and some of the previous shading I did on the body.

Also (not pictured) painted nails, hands and feet. (per her request...)

Again, sorry for the poor quality on the pics. I'll work on getting better ones.

Need to change the eyes to blue. I have 1/6th scale glass eyes but not sure how to go about this, any suggestions would be appreciated or other ways to go about it.

Thanks for looking

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
what a work of art. all we need to do is take what we are given, use our minds and voila. you might even mistake this figure body for an actual women.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apologies for necro-thread posting, but I was trying to get hold of ceije1010 about his use of shading to add depth to the Phicen skintones, but I get the impression he is not an active member any more, since his inbox is full.

In which case, does anybody else have some hints and tips about shading?

:thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts