One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Some people like me don't believe in the throw-away society mentality, especially when jobs are a lot more unstable these days.

I use clear silicon glue now to coat interior pleather edges of such clothes/boots, etc, for areas that do not work with the fabric Colour Run treatment. That seems to work in place of gluing plastic wrap, which peels out easily of the you tend to change outfits for the body.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My luck with the Oxy 10 has been nonexistent. I'm really wondering if it does anything at all, or if it is just time that made people's stains fade away. In the past, time was always the cure, but I got some crappy black stocking that stained the heck out of a new TBLeague figure as I was putting them on the first leg. Bought the Oxy after reading these posts. Made sure it was in-date, and had the 10% benzowhatever peroxide. Coated well and wrapped in saran wrap, then left that for 2 days. Scrubbed off with a toothbrush and warm water- almost no change at all. No more than what little it faded just waiting 3 days for the Oxy I ordered to get here. So then I loaded some Elmer's glue onto the stained areas, and a couple of hours later peeled that off. Nope- no good. So back to the Oxy, and 2 days later, nothing worth crediting the zit cream for.
I'll probably just leave it alone for a week and see how much it fades with no goo smeared on. If it doesn't fade with time I'll have no choice but to keep trying the goos, or always have pants on this one, but figured I'd report my experience.

·
Sir Lurksalot
666 Posts
Another tip for using Oxy 10. It apperantly activates or works better when warm so placing the item, with the Oxy 10 applied close under a light bulb seems to help speed up the process.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts