One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't like the Phicen 4.0 tan large bust prototype photos, but changed my mind really fast after seeing the in-hand photos. I had an idea for a photoshoot with her when I took her out of the box. Even though I had to change the outfit from my original ideas, I think the alternatives were even better (if slightly more time consuming).

Here's Phicen Cowgirl. Click any photo for larger versions, or visit the full photo set at my Flickr album for a few extra photos.

Phicen Cowgirl Base by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

Base body is the stock Phicen 4.0 tan large-busted figure. Top is from the ZC Girl Rebecca cowgirl figure. String bikini bottom is hand-made.

This Phicen figure is the first to come with heeled feet. Unfortunately, they kind of stink. They're too high to fit in just about any heeled shoe and they're really unstable. This shot was pretty much just to see what I could do with them.

I like the lighting more than the poses, which were mostly to use that heeled foot for different poses. As always, I'll show you if I'm cheating. All these poses were freestanding, done without any extra stands or support and stable enough for multiple shots and long exposures.

Inverted pose for fun. Also an attempt to do something with both heeled feet, which only seem useful for posing with pointed toes. Even then, not very.

Phicen Cowgirl - With Hat by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

Cowboy hat is from Battlegear Toys, though it's been through a few shelf dives and doesn't look as good as it did out of the box.

Phicen Cowgirl - With Hat by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

Using the folding chair for support so I could stand her on both heeled feet. The heeled feet are nowhere near stable enough to have her stand unsupported.

Phicen Cowgirl by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

I did this "fold a Phicen in half" trick before with Fire Red Rose, except she was taking stockings off and this figure is supposed to be putting boots on.

Boots are from Toy Soldier. Easily the best 1/6 cowboy boots for female figures, even after all these years, though I had to use TTL bare feet in them.

Full body shot. Phicen arms aren't quite as flexible as I'd like to do fun things with the hat. So the head and the right arm is close but not quite what I had in mind.

Three-quarter profile shot. Finally thought of something interesting to do with her hands.

I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to get her to stand up unsupported in this one-legged pose before finally giving up. Then I used the chair and got her set up and photographed in a matter of minutes.

There are a lot of times when I'll start unposing a figure and then get them in something kind of interesting mid-way. This would be one of those poses, as I was unfolding her from the chair shots and was about to get her ready to put on her chaps.

Adding the chaps, which are from ZC Girl's Rebecca Cowgirl figure. They were a lot easier to get on than I thought they would be, given the Phicen's slightly sticky skin. The belt that came with the chaps is a pain in the butt, though.

Rearview.

Ride 'Em Phicen Cowgirl! by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

I tried getting the cowgirl onto the saddle set that came with Rebecca, with only limited success. Never managed to get the Phicen legs into a believable riding pose. This was another shot I had in mind from the start, but where I absolutely did not get what I had envisioned. I gave up on the prop pretty fast.

Phicen Cowgirl Gunslinger by edwicks_toybox, on Flickr

Adding in the cross-draw holster and shooting iron, both from Battlegear Toys.

Draw, pardner!

Trying for a "fanning the hammer" shot.

I just threw this pose together between shots, and I think it might be my favorite photo of the shoot.

Lightroom trickery. Making use of the "Antique" preset, and adding vignetting and grain.

I'm your huckleberry.

Most of the effects here are in-camera, with me adjusting lights and settings. I don't know why her face looks so shiny in this photo, though.

Lost the chaps, which were growing more and more annoying, and adding in the Battlegear Toys Winchester rifle.

Wanted a much more dynamic "stepping" pose, but this was the best I could get.

·
Registered
Mainly film related figures
202 Posts
I like the shot with the hand gun behind her back and with the Winchester on her shoulder.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
To paraphrase a song from the 80's . . .

"I wanna be a 1:6 cowboy . . . and she can be my 1:6 cowgirl."

:p

Well done edwick.

:bravo

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Very awesome. One thing I measure 1/6 figures against is how real they look and how long it takes before you decode the picture so to speak into "this is 1/6" or "this is real". And even if there's no question about the figure being 1/6, some are very close to getting over that threshold of "is this..." especially the first of her in chaps shown from behind. Had the wrist been a little smoother and thinner, then that picture would have given me pause.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I never argue with what works...and this does.

Great photos and posing. Looks like you had a bit of fun in the process.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts