One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I am looking into general care for a phicen body. I have read a few forums and this is what I have gathered.

1. Try to keep in a controlled environment with little exposure to the sun, moisture, and heat.
2. Try not to have your figure in one pose specifically a pose with it's joints bent for long periods of time.
3. Keep it's body powdered, enough that it is smooth to the touch.

That said I do have some question.

1. I read that to hellpkeep the body soft you should rub baby/mineral oil. Is that something I should actually look into and if so how long should I rub oil on it and how frequent?
2. How frequent should I wash and repowder a figure?
3. I live in Oregon and winters where I live usually range from 30-40°F and summers 80-95°F, humidity is pretty mild but there can be some moisture build up on the walls during the winter due to all the rain. Guess my question is how controlled should my environment especially if I don't plan on taking my figure out of its case outside of general care/maintenance?

Sorry for a list of question but finding an actual answer for these hasn't been easy.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I guess the application of mineral oil depends on the humidity in your area. I live in humid Singapore, and I have not needed to do that to my seamless figures. (It's rain or shine here & humid all year round!) The oldest has been displayed in a cool cabinet area for the past 4-5 years with no issues. The knees can take a little bent standing pose, but not the elbows.

Note that TPE (Jiaou Doll) material peels/melts layers with Johnson's Baby Oil. I don't think TBL/ Phicen silicon is affected.

·
1:6 collector
2,101 Posts
It was recently confirmed that (contrary to early promotions information) TBLeague's seamless material is in fact TPE, although it is clearly a little different from Jiaou's. There are oils in it, but I would be careful what I apply. Your best bet is protective powder, and there you have several options. In general, check out the maintenance section of this thread:
TBLeague Seamless Body Catalog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts