1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PHICEN 1/6 Snow Soldier Action Figure

Item number: PL2016-80

Bar Code: 4 548744 874687

There was a magic land with vast territory, cold, barren and desolate, covered with snow all year round. But refreshed lives, lives of the King and Queen in this once vibrant, beautiful land were to be reborn, to emerge from their healing heavy sleep in this land with the power of rebirth. They were mortally injured in a pitched battle with the land's vicious invaders that lasted a month. They won a great victory, but suffered a great deal. Invaders schemed to attack again, so the King and Queen were in danger. But we have our Snow Soldier. She was as pure and innocent as snow, and seemed fragile, but made no mistake, she possessed volcanic strength and a smart brain.

Snow Soldier, the guardian of this magic land, ready to fight until her king and Queen were reborn refreshed and bring pure lives to this land again.

Part List:
1) 1 x head sculpt
2) 1 x Phicen female seamless body with stainless steel armature
3) 3 pairs x interchangeable gloved hands
4) 1 pair x lower arm sleeves
5) 1 x bikini style battle top
6) 1 x bikini style battle bottom
7) 1 pair x boots
8) 1 pair x shoulder guards with fur tippet
9) 1 x trident
10) 1 belt with sheath and sword
11) 1 pair x knee guards
12) 1 x cape
13) 1 x base
14) 4 color packaging

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Yeah, who's the target audience for this? In a fuzzy general way it should be me, but by this point in my Phicen-acquiring life I really don't feel it. I'll pony up for something long desired, like Vampirella, or something a bit different, like say La Muerta, but some of these feel pretty redundant.

So who's she made for? Somebody who owns 12 of the Phicen women but wants 24 of them? Completists? Somebody buying his first Phicen and too lazy to see what other already released figures might be still available? Somebody who just wants a body but is going on the logic that Phicen's kitted figures are a better price value? Somebody who sees something unique about this figure that I'm totally missing? Is a puzzlement.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,890 Posts
Saw this on FB and thought...re-hash!

Snow soldier? She would freeze...lol
--

I agree a rehash and/or very minimalist offering on the cheap (design and production), but PHICEN will charge probably $159.99 to $179.99 USD and there will be those who'll buy it, order it, pre-order it, etc. like clockwork.

Yeah, who's the target audience for this? In a fuzzy general way it should be me, but by this point in my Phicen-acquiring life I really don't feel it. I'll pony up for something long desired, like Vampirella, or something a bit different, like say La Muerta, but some of these feel pretty redundant.

So who's she made for? Somebody who owns 12 of the Phicen women but wants 24 of them? Completists? Somebody buying his first Phicen and too lazy to see what other already released figures might be still available? Somebody who just wants a body but is going on the logic that Phicen's kitted figures are a better price value? Somebody who sees something unique about this figure that I'm totally missing? Is a puzzlement.
--

Who is the target audience?

Let's see who chimes in (if there are any who are still around in spite of the forum's layout difficulties) by posting they'll buy/order/pre-order one.

Personally speaking, I'll be the first to admit that I like the design . . . but I like such designs; however, it is nothing new/innovative and maybe a borderline cash grab.

The Keres figure that was recently announced and shown is interesting, but it's a disappointment. This one is also a disappointment, but not on the level of Keres.

PHICEN is not off to great start in terms of 2017 offerings thus far.

If anyone is up to it, then let them know through Facebook and by e-mail . . . that is if any of you actually give a <CENSORED>.

Of course, I digress.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
--

I agree a rehash and/or very minimalist offering on the cheap (design and production), but PHICEN will charge probably $159.99 to $179.99 USD and there will be those who'll buy it, order it, pre-order it, etc. like clockwork.

--

Who is the target audience?

Let's see who chimes in (if there are any who are still around in spite of the forum's layout difficulties) by posting they'll buy/order/pre-order one.

Personally speaking, I'll be the first to admit that I like the design . . . but I like such designs; however, it is nothing new/innovative and maybe a borderline cash grab.

The Keres figure that was recently announced and shown is interesting, but it's a disappointment. This one is also a disappointment, but not on the level of Keres.

PHICEN is not off to great start in terms of 2017 offerings thus far.

If anyone is up to it, then let them know through Facebook and by e-mail . . . that is if any of you actually give a <CENSORED>.

Of course, I digress.
If Vampirella counts as 2017, that would raise them up significantly...

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,890 Posts
If Vampirella counts as 2017, that would raise them up significantly...
--

I forgot about Vampirella, but we haven't seen an official announcement like Keres or the Snow Soldier as of yet (as far as I know) asides from the tease and unveiling.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think Phicen should keep working on improving their bodies, eg. soft more realistc breasts that hang and tilt naturally and realistic integrated hands and feet.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Phicen has probably been improving their bodies more so than any other company out there.
Indeed, so much so that one of the reasons for a "phone it in" figure like this one could be to get rid of warehouse stock on bodies they've surpassed. For example, separate feet is the current standard -- can't see how the feet on the Snow Soldier are.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I just saw this figure listed as a "custom snow soldier" on eBay for $200. If you're going to dream, dream big, right?

One thing I notice with this figure is the outfit is made of fabric rather than the plastic used for the earlier ones. That's an important step forward- the plastic bikini bottoms can cut the silicone skin quite easily, and they also can leave deep creases. I have a Sparta bottom that is impossible to put on a Phicen without damaging the figure, and I had to cut the bottom off the Demon Huntress as the hooks were digging into her skin. I like the look of this figure's outfit and I think it looks better on her.

Maybe Phicen will surprise me, but I'm confident this figure is using boot-feet. Even Sparta uses "sandal-feet". These figures are intended to be displayed pretty much as they are so bare feet aren't a concern for the designers.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
They only go half way to this being an elf/elve if they had gone all the way with a super pale body and elven features ears etc.. it would be way more interesting!

·
Registered
225 Posts
"She was as pure and innocent as snow, and seemed fragile, but made no mistake, she possessed volcanic strength and a smart brain."

When I think Volcanic, I think hellfire. Brimstone. Some type of crimson color.

Wait isn't Snow Soldier... Keres or is it Goblin Queen?

So did they scrap the design entirely and went with black? Why? Why again? Does this mean Zenoscope and Phicen are no longer on the same wave length? If they keep mixing parts, does that mean the Blood Queen will come with a sickle since Keres has her staff and Goblin Queen's base?

I cannot tell from the lighting, is this a pale version of the muscle comic body or the lighter skin, akin to Demon Huntress and Red Sonja (with buckle knee pads instead of the tiny clip)?

I do see some rehash parts: heels from Lady Death, claw hands and arm guards from Eartha and Julie.

This seems like another parts figure in the way of Van Helsing, Tempest, and Z-Girl. I like the metal collar, kneepads, and base. But, Why would I want another trident warrior. Demon Huntress has one and a BAMFing sword...with skulls and bones! She even has a helmet!
Snow Soldier has a sword that comes in a long black sock for a sheath? The nubby end looks funny, like a sock.

If this figure had white hair (similar to Lady Death), all white armor instead of black, a sword of ice akin to Sub-Zero, a determined look instead of a Rapuzel-looking-Tangled-leaning head sculpt, a ice shield, or a snow harpoon (to hunt White walkers and over grown dangerous and delicious snow crabs)...then this figure would be amazing.

...Or if it resembled this instead:

with her head sculpt

Then it would be a unique figure to get, akin to Huntress V.1 or Sparta.
Like Keres, I would wait until these are in a clearance or in a bargain sale and get these for parts. I've was collecting the little henchmen from spawn figures to use as her Goblin horde.
Hopefully if they do make the Goblin Queen she will look like the comic

At least she is not marketed as THE Zenescope license product Goblin Queen.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I don't hate this figure, from the neck down it's at least serviceable. The headsculpt though makes her look like she has downs syndrome.
MerylAkiba is onto something. Good guess that the Phicen licensing deal re Goblin Queen fell through (or even overall with Zenescope, but not likely) or they have no confidence in the licensed character, so they changed to a black colour and threw a generic, kind of random head on it.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
You'd think a 'snow soldier' waving around a sword wouldn't have such a benevolent expression. Reminds me of Kristen Stewart except way less miserable-looking than she's been in any film...

Like the base, though!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts