One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the forum, just decided to get some 1/12 Phicen figures and want to try my hand at modding, got both a male and a female body on the way but was just wondering what are some good places to get replacement parts and alternate head sculpts and that sort of thing?

Probably going to try and make the clothing myself (though if anyone knows a place to get some cool clothing ideas and patterns it would be appreciated) but when it comes to alternate heads and hairstyles probably going to have to find a good place to source these.

Also I do have a 3D printer so if anyone knows a good place to get STL files for printing more rigid clothing parts and accessories for 1/12 scale figures it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
CG Trader, Gambody, Thingiverse, or My Mini Factory may be good for finding STL files.
Monkey Depot and eBay may be good place to find 1:12 loose parts.
Etsy for custom 1:12.

Dtg Figures has some great Star Wars themed sci-fi stuff as well.

Hope those help!

What kind of 3D printer do you have. I've been looking at AnyCubic and Elegoo SLA printers. Just waiting for the guts to pull the trigger LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I have the Anycubic Photon (the OG base model) however since I purchase mine they have released newer models with larger print beds and higher resolutions so I am thinking about upgrading.

No real complaints about the Anycubic Photon, prints come out at a nice quality, generally don't have too many print failures and when I do it is mostly due to support placement than anything else, generally Anycubic and Elegoo are considered the 2 brands that most people go for, I mostly went with Anycubic because it had a larger install base (at the time) and if I were to have any issues there would be more people with the same printer that could potentially offer advice, that said I think the Elegoo had the faster print time and there was no noticable difference in the quality of the printed models, that said this was roughly 2 years ago so a lot of this could have changed with all the new printers that have been released.

I would say if you are interested in 3D printing and you have the space go for it, only real issue is that you need an area that you can safely use resin and Isopropyl alcohol for cleaning and curing prints, if you are careful and use the proper safety precautions it isn't quite as messy as some people might make it out to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts