One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to take my old Sideshow Universal Monsters figures and give them an upgrade. Much like the other Sideshow stuff I updated, I swap bodies, repaint, add real hair and make some of the clothing.

Up first, Is my take on the Phantom of the Opera. I made the jacket, pants and cloak, all in an attempt to more closely resemble the Premium format figure Sideshow put out.

The original Sideshow DNA is still there and shows how good these figures really were

Thanks for looking.

Doug

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Looks beautiful (well, you know what I mean...) It comes through how dignified the character is in a weird way. Does he get to have a mask? And are you going to be upgrading the Red Death version as well?

These are near and dear to me not only because of the underlying characters, but to my whole concept of modeling, since the Aurora models were icons of my childhood.

· 1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,666 Posts
Excellent overhaul! Looks like a different and far better figure! I own him so I know exactly how much work you must have put in!

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Glorious upgrade, you've definitely taken a good figure and amped it up at least 10 fold.
It obvious you've put alot of work into this, and well worth it. Quite a show-stopper. Bravo!
Got to give props to missharleyquinn for calling the Phantom of the Opera a "show-stopper." That's a perfect summary of the plot. :wink

· Say what?
9,484 Posts
Damn fine work, Doug.

You're right, the original isn't nearly as poor as some folks have made out. Your work served to spotlight the good that was there all along.

· I'm BACK!!
22,103 Posts
Damn fine work, Doug.

You're right, the original isn't nearly as poor as some folks have made out. Your work served to spotlight the good that was there all along.
I think all of the Universal line were really good, this was SSC in their early days when there wasn't the pressure to keep rushing out new releases all the time and they had no ties with HT.

CHEERS!

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Sideshow did Lon Chaney justice, but you have polished him up to a grand tribute to his talents. Good on you, Doug.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.