One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toy company PEW PEW GUN, maker of the Pinyike series of 1/6 scale robots, may have permanently closed their business. The company stopped updating their social media accounts in 2019 and has yet to reply to repeated emails.
Their Facebook group is filled with comments from irate customers - many that have placed pre-orders. Now the company's website www.pewpewgun.com is offline.

BIG BAD TOY STORE has cancelled their pre-orders of the Robotic High Mobility Module - PI-XIU Accessories Pack, Robotic High Mobility Module - PI-XIU, Robotic High Mobility Module - Police Type Accessories and [/FONT][/SIZE]Robotic High Mobility Module - Police Type. BBTS cited multiple delays and lack of communication on the part of the company as the reason.

I own several PEW PEW GUN releases. Although there were some engineering issues with the figures, I loved the designs. Even with some of the build quality downsides the DIY figures were a great value at the sub $100 price point.

It's a shame so many customers have been left with a reply from the company and are potentially out of hundreds of dollars. I'm hoping that some other company will snatch up their IP and continue to make this line.

Has anyone heard any new information? Do you have any of their figures? Did you make any pre-orders?

pew-pew-black-683x1024.jpg

·
Graduated from Ninja Tech
3,424 Posts
their robot designs were very amazing looking, just wish they were cheaper so I could own one or I wasn't collecting 1/6 scale Star Wars

But I'm curious
Were pre-orders after 2019?
and when was the last figures, in 2019, or after?
Cause if last update was in 2019 why did stores take pre-orders at a later date

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Facebook group is a very interesting read. From what I have gathered the majority of the pre-orders were taken by PEW PEW GUN directly. BIG BAD TOYS STORE did take pre-orders but there was no deposit required.

I received my first pre-order (from BBTS) in Fall of 2018. That was the last wave of product to be released. The whole situation is a shame because the releases they had planned were pretty impressive.

their robot designs were very amazing looking, just wish they were cheaper so I could own one or I wasn't collecting 1/6 scale Star Wars

But I'm curious
Were pre-orders after 2019?
and when was the last figures, in 2019, or after?
Cause if last update was in 2019 why did stores take pre-orders at a later date

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. We don't get many releases like this. There's an incredible amount of parts. This has more in common with a PG Gundam kit than the average 1/6 scale figure and for less than $90.

That's a shame. Their robots were quite interesting in design.

Like you said, I hope someone picks up the IP.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,280 Posts
That is why I get mine at the store. It maybe a little more expensive, but it saves me the headache of this happening. Yes, I own a Pew Pew. Was thinking of upgrading to the Police version.

"...potentially out of hundreds of dollars..." Try thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed. Ordering through BBTS saved me being out close to a grand.

Ironically, the prices for their older releases have gone up considerably on eBay. The Police version would have been a nice addition to the collection.

Here's a weird update. Their old site, www.pewpewgun.com is down, but now pew-pew-gun.myshopify.com appears in the search results for the PewPewGun. The site looks like a port of the old. It lists the same contact email and return to address as the original site No.8, Ln. 10, Sec. 1, Zhiyuan 1st Rd., Beitou Dist., Taipei City 112, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Taipei TW 112

I checked the site using Virustotal.com. No security vendors flagged the URL as malicious but I trust it as much as a $3 bill. BUYER BEWARE.

That is why I get mine at the store. It maybe a little more expensive, but it saves me the headache of this happening. Yes, I own a Pew Pew. Was thinking of upgrading to the Police version. "...potentially out of hundreds of dollars..." Try thousands of dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts