One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Phicen / TBLeague,

We are the OSW, and we are many…

We love your signature figures, and we want more…

Please produce your own line of quality Head Sculpts, available for individual sale, to be perfectly compatible with the exquisite designs of your variable figures.

Hear us, Phicen / TBLeague! We rally this call to you!

Give us a bountiful, complimentary line of Heads by which to crown these fine figures with proper glory!

This is what we want! This is what we need!

And we will buy them very well, indeed…

Warriors! Sound off if you support this petition. Let our mighty voices resound in unison to demonstrate demand for these products!

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All in favor, say "Aye!"

And if it should be appropriate, allow me to be the first to say it:

Aye!

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mr. davidfullam says, "Hell yes!" He is a true Warrior, indeed.

Are we to stand alone in these trenches...?

Warriors, has your right to demand satisfactory solutions withered unto complacency?

Have your hearts' hopes been so dashed that you would lay yourself down and accept defeat?

I say, or are you yet bold enough, strong enough, OSW enough - to dig yourselves in and hold your position against a storm of naysayers - the throng of jaded collectors and artisans whom have all but lost heart for the conquest, finding some placation in their dulled will to simply survive?

Or will you - in the name of this art and our love for it; will you strive for to thrive with us?

My fellows, perhaps the proverbial "powers that be" would appreciate our silence…

After all, how many dollars, how many yen, do we give up to other companies and individuals who produce Head Sculpts, only to discover that these products do not at all match our needs?

How many would capitalize on this material deficit? While we inadvertently amass these often otherwise unusable things, how many would enjoy for us to simply continue to do so? How many profit from this discrepancy, while we squander our money, our time, our desire - on mismatching Head Sculpts which must then be shelved like broken dreams?

Stand with us now and let our voices be as one...

Tell them! We want availability of quality matching Head Sculpts for our TBLeague figures!

Warriors, what do we want?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'll be writing to them and let them know. I would much rather match a Phicen head to a Phicen body than to have to do mix and match that might not work out.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Aye
Of course they already make plenty of heads for their boxed sets.
GubernatorFan, whom I respectfully refer to as "the Guv," is among the most knowledgeable and helpful artisans among us; indubitably, all here must agree.

Let the record show that he, too, has voted "Aye."

The Guv, however, also notes the availability of several existing Phicen-manufactured Head Sculpts - because he is most always a glass-half-full kind of guy; a trait which makes him as pleasant as he is experienced and overflowing with wisdom.

However, what he refers to as "plenty" is, in fact, a relatively scant selection of Head Sculpts which are sold in complete figure sets for hundreds of dollars, or scalped through secondary markets - often for only slightly less than the cost of the entire boxed set.

That's not the solution that we seek…

We want individual Head Sculpts at reasonable retail cost, guaranteed to match our regular Phicen / TBL figures' skin tones (and proportions) - such as their main line of male and female physiques.

Sound off in accordance to the notion! Sound off like a Warrior!

Let's let Phicen / TBL know and understand that the demand for these individual Heads exists...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I concur. I kitbash military characters for my kid and mostly use non seamless bodies but the majority of the heads he chooses are TBL league ones that have been parted out by Cotswold or Monkey Depot. They seem to do a better job of realism and expression. A bigger selection would great

·
Registered
832 Posts
Frankly, I don't see a shortage of TBL matching heads in the market, specifically the new suntan selection. The challenge begins with all the other skin tones, which I am more interested in. Particularly the real suntan tones, like Wheat that Jiaou offers (or what Phicen use to offer).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Frankly, I don't see a shortage of TBL matching heads in the market, specifically the new suntan selection. The challenge begins with all the other skin tones, which I am more interested in. Particularly the real suntan tones, like Wheat that Jiaou offers (or what Phicen use to offer).
I say Aye Aye and YEESSSS !!!

The problem is not the shortage, it's the outrageous prices of the parted HS asked by the e-bay vendors.... ( sometimes almost 90 USD ) ....

·
Registered
832 Posts
I say Aye Aye and YEESSSS !!!

The problem is not the shortage, it's the outrageous prices of the parted HS asked by the e-bay vendors.... ( sometimes almost 90 USD ) ....
Sorry, I was not clear in my sentence. I have seen a lot of companies (especially now) producing 'suntan' tone heads that will match specifically to TBL's new suntan tone. So much so that we do not need to pay exorbitant prices for specifically TBL HS (unless that is the particular HS model you want). I'd say we are now rather spoilt for choice if one is looking for a 'new' suntan HS to match TBLs current suntan body tone. (Which is probably why Jiaou Doll has now produced their new Wheat and new White skin tone that are compatible in tone to TBL's selection, to catch that market.)

You will find that the difficulties in finding HS only begins if you are looking for HS skin tones other than TBLs 'new' suntan. That is my experience anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I subscribe to this petition. Among other things, I think it would benefit Phicen's/TBL's bottom line by opening up a lucrative new revenue stream for them.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Terminus is a Warrior!

Zarmor is a Warrior!

joea64 is a Warrior!

Warriors, and leaders, as well...

Each "Aye" represents a thousand...

And when they say it's a waste of time to ask for what we ask… We will say, "That which is done in the name of passion can never be wasted…"

And when they say that what we ask for is a long shot… We will reply, "Then we shall bring our long rifles…!"

And if any of you wish to lay down in defeat, please do that elsewhere; do not do so along our path to progress…

We are OSW!

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, I was not clear in my sentence. I have seen a lot of companies (especially now) producing 'suntan' tone heads that will match specifically to TBL's new suntan tone. So much so that we do not need to pay exorbitant prices for specifically TBL HS (unless that is the particular HS model you want). I'd say we are now rather spoilt for choice if one is looking for a 'new' suntan HS to match TBLs current suntan body tone. (Which is probably why Jiaou Doll has now produced their new Wheat and new White skin tone that are compatible in tone to TBL's selection, to catch that market.)

You will find that the difficulties in finding HS only begins if you are looking for HS skin tones other than TBLs 'new' suntan. That is my experience anyway.
Ah, indeed… Complacency…

It is a mangy, tongue-wagging beast which has been for far too long allowed to roam and spread disease… It puts its paw upon your foot to show you that you are dominated, and that you can but yield to it, and to accept what already is; to show you that you must wallow in its droppings and be contented; to make you believe that all you can do is to allow yourselves to be bent by the dog that is Complacency…

Well, I say it's time we answer that craggy. nagging call…

I say it's time we beat that dog and put it down, once and for all!

Phicen / TBLeague Head Sculpts!

It is our right... It is our passion... We will stand for the lesser for no longer!

The Age of Complacency is over!

Warriors, what do we want?

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
OSW,

I have stood and I shall yet continue to stand…

Brothers and sisters, so much can be achieved by our unity. Your voice matters. Your desire matters...

Indeed, each one of us matters...

Of course alternatives to that for which we ask may exist here and there, as many have been fortunate enough to have discovered; but such circumstances are far too seldom to sate, and we continue to endeavor blindly in the hopes that such products will merely suffice.

Whom among us can truly claim an honest satisfaction with the current consistency of mediocrity, inferiority, and half-measures?

If the lack of high-quality, competitively-priced, perfectly matching Head Sculpts for our Phicen figures is acceptable to you, then by all means, take your place among the faint of heart whom have determined themselves worthy only of wanting - and, ultimately, ever unworthy of receiving.

OSW, ask this of yourself:

In the face of adversity, against great and terrible odds; what does a Warrior do?

When challenged by the status quo, as surely we shall be; what does a Warrior do?

Indeed, a Warrior is one who has the spirit of his destiny already manifest within his heart, and does not yield to false walls, nor fall from the fore in abject discouragement when struggle is inevitably encountered. He pushes though...

A Warrior is one who presses forward and onward, because his passion dictates nothing less from him; this virtue that is steadfast in determination is absolutely intrinsic to his nature.

So what are you and what do you want? These are the matters which must be well considered - outside the context of that which we are currently offered.

I truly do believe that we can achieve all that we desire and deserve when we determine ourselves to be indomitable…

On behalf of this petition I have stood, and I shall yet continue to stand…

And Warriors, I'll ask you once again…

Will you raise your mighty voices with me now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd certainly like a series of heads in proportion to the assorted sizes of female bodies--especially in pale skin--and even more especially if they weren't all teenagers or in their twenties! I'd like to have a few relatively mature characters in my collection.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sklamb is a Warrior!

Horst is a Warrior!

Stryker2011 is a Warrior!

We are strong, indeed, my brothers…

And when this happens, you will all be celebrated as having been the bold ones who stood against the tyranny of Complacency and demanded change; with honor, with valor, and with dignity…

I am truly proud to stand this ground with each of you...

There are yet many more among us who have it in their heads and hearts to join us in our march.

Now is the time for you to make your voices heard!

If you want it, take it! It is yours!

Join us!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts