One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and Happy Father's Day as well!

Here are just a few quick pics of my latest figure, one of Pershing's Doughboys, Lt Terry Davies, A.E.F. France 1918. Next up will be Sir Nigel Hawkins, British explorer/Adventurer late 1800's Africa.

The American Expeditionary Force (AEF) began arriving in France inJune 1917. By March 1918 there are 250,000 U.S. soldiers in France; this number increases to 1 million by July and to 2 million by November. Two-thirds will see action, in 29 Divisions.

U.S. Army Mobilized: 4,355,000
U.S. Army War Dead (overseas & domestic):
Killed in action: 36,931
Died of wounds: 13,673
Died of disease: 62,668
Other: 6,872
Total dead: 120,144
Total wounded: 198,059
Total casualties: 318,203
Prisoners of war and missing: 4,500

The Meuse-Argonne Offensive was the largest U.S. engagement. It began 26 September 1918 and ended 11 November 1918. In the three weeks fighting, the battle deaths of Americans numbered 18,000, a daily average of about 1,000.

Thanks!
-mike-

Come Get Some!

Lt Davies and his infamous Louisville Slugger:

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Tadgh Stooge and thanks!! The bat a neighbor made for me on his lathe tho i had to sand it down quite a bit as it was a bit too big, but i think it looks cool now. Thanks!!

Hi Tattued1 and thanks again!! The leggings can be a pain and i much have wrapped and re-wrapped them 20 times to get them the way i wanted. GLad you enjoyed thanks!

Hi Leo and thanks so much as always!! Glad you liked the bat too, i know i would have taken mine with me! Thanks Leo!!

Hi CC and thanks! Ill upload some color pics for you, i havent got the pants dyed to the right color yet hence the b&w pics lol, but here you go. Thanks CC!

Hi Zebraten and thanks so much! I made a number of changes to the SS Lt and im much happier now with him. Glad you enjoyed thanks!!

Thanks so much guys!
CC heres a few color pics,
-mike-

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
:clap:clap:clap
Excellent post , an extraordinary work of information, thanks . The figure is great, I love and the effect on the pictures have a beautiful result.
Congratulations .

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pacoman thanks thanks very much!! Really glad you enjoyed the figure as well as the effect of the pics, thought they would look cool in that old style. Thanks friend for the wonderful comments!! :thumb

-mike-

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Another beautiful work!! I particularly like the pic with pistol and trench knife.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Keith and thanks so much! Really glad you enjoyed the figure and that is my fav pics too with the pistol and trench knife.
Thanks Keith!

Hi Shaun and thank you!! Really glad you enjoyed the figure and pics and the one with the bat, thought that would be something different. I also love that pic with him holding the pistol and trench knife, i think that one turned out pretty cool too and i think ill leave him iin that pose for now.
Thanks Shaun!!

CC, you are more than welcome, really glad you liked the color pics and glad you enjoyed the figure, thanks CC!

Thanks very much guys!!
-mike-

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Wow, Nice Mike.

I like how you bash up this fig.
Good Choice of HS too. By the way who is it?

Like some who have replied, i like the bat on the figure very nice touch.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Kenneth and thanks so much!!

Really glad you liked him! The nude is the neo3 British ww2 figure 'Terry Davies', its a really nice hs and i love the posing of the neo3. The tunic, helmet, mapcase, gasmask bag and mask, is from SS, the rest is dml except for the .45 which is diecast and the breeches are DiD.

Really glad you liked the bat as well, a neighbor handmade it for me and i dont think any Germans would want to be on the receiving end of that! Thanks Kenneth!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Blain and thank you very much!! Really glad you enjoyed the figure and expecially the bat, i thought it would be something cool and unique for him to have also, and not impossible either since just about anything and everything were used in the trenches.
Thanks Blain!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Siquisiri and thank you! Glad you enjoyed my Doughboy!!

Hi John and thanks very much! Like you i have always loved their look also and have wanted to re-work my ss ww1 officer for some time. Really glad you enjoyed, thanks John!!

Thanks so much guys!!
-mike-

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.