One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're probably bored with John Wayne by now (heresy!), so I gave his companion top billing. In John Ford's first cavalry movie, "Fort Apache" (1948), John Wayne goes on a peace mission with his Spanish-speaking non-com, Sergeant Beaufort - after getting him released from the guardhouse. Mission accomplished, they are with Col. Thursday (Henry Fonda) when he meets with Cochise. Beaufort's translation of Cochise's assessment of the Indian Agent is priceless. For a biography of actor Pedro Armendariz, follow this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Armend%C3%A1riz

The film was in black and white, and now you can see them in full color in Monument Valley.

Both figures were made with DML hs - Pedro Armendariz was faxhioned from a Russian figure. I'm happy enough with how he came out, there may be another figure of him in my future. Hope you like them, too.

· Say what?
9,484 Posts
Beautiful work, sir.

That's a great movie and you pay it fitting tribute.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
That conversion worked out very Well, Mark. One thing about John Wayne's films, he was surrounded by able and memorable actors, which made watching every bit a pleasure. Pedro Armendariz deserves the tribute, he owned his roles.

· Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.