One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 1998 BBC television production, directed by David Attwood, Shot Through The Heart deals with two friends divided by the 1992 Siege of Sarajevo, following the dissolution of Yugoslavia. Vlado Sarzinsky and Slavko Simic have been friends since their youth, and are top shooters on the Yugoslavian rifle team.

Slavko (Vincent Perez) and Vlado (Linus Roache) practising before the war​

Their dreams of competing in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona are ended when war breaks out in Bosnia, and Sarjaevo is besieged by Yugoslav and Serbian forces. Slavko, an ethnic Serb, is called up and becomes a sniper instructor for the Serbian forces. He offers to help Vlado's family escape from Sarajevo. Vlado, an ethnic Croat, refuses to abandon his home and business.

As the besieged people of Sarajevo are attacked with artillery and sniper fire, Vlado takes up counter-sniping. When neighbors are killed by particularly long shots, he works to locate the sniper. He finds the sniper's lair, and waits for a shot. Through the scope, he recognises that it's Slavko who's the shooter.

Slavko​

Based on a true story, Shot Through The Heart reflects the fighting and suffering on a small, personal level, examining how good men can be capable of dark acts. It's well-executed and acted, and in my opinion, takes an objective look. Shot in Bosnia-Herzogovina with a very real feel to it. Technically, it appears to be very accurate.

$3 at Big Lots, this one turned out to be a good find.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
I saw this movie and recorded on VHS many years ago when it first appeared on HBO. I agree that it is a very very good movie. Nice to see that it is seeing the light of day again even if only in the bargain bins.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Its a great movie, you won't be disappointed Dunk. Heck, you may even find yourself with the powerful urge to kitbash Vlado.

Awesome find PDog, and thanks for sharing it with us. I have to look for the DVD now, its been a long time since I've seen it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought Vlado's early kit, sort of all that he could get, was interesting.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And BTW, good to hear from you, Lee. Hope things are OK for you, stay safe.

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts