One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nowadays it is hard to find new Dragon WW2 mili figures. So I decided to get one before all disappear.

One good thing about Dragon is that it is cheap and affordable,and just simple but with a right amount of loose to set up, unlike DID or SS.

Here is my kitbash, not much change from box apart from replacing HS.
Thanks for browsing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Great figure and weathering.

Here's an example to all you Dragon haters out there (just kidding :). But a basic Dragon figure still has its place in this hobby. Sure the DiD sculpt looks great, but the uniform looks fantastic on the figure too. I miss Dragon and hope they return to making figures...

-JOSH

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I think Gustav Mohr was the last boxed figure I bought from DML.....he has the hbt tunic as well doesn't he?......good looking figure, I've been doing the same thing....updating my DML figures with the better quality DID headsculpts.
Chelseaboy.

·
1:6 OSW member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I like the Dragon HS, Gustav Mohr, as well though I prefer DID's. Here are the pictures I took before I replaced the HS. I did repaint a little bit.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A nice figure in your hands. I actually like both versions. Nothing wrong with Dragon figures, as long as a guy is OK with some of the older type bits they still include. Even new, out of the box, they benefit from a bit of posing. Echobase's display cases always stunned me, how good they looked when displayed side by side. The same with some of Timewalker's displays at local militaria shows.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Is the piping on the shoulder straps white or the pzgren green? can't tell. If they are white they should be changed to green. That aside this is a great looking figure.... congrats.... Harold

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Excellent - your weathering really brings the figure to life. The DiD headsculpt is definitely more realistic looking, but DML sculpts can look just as real with a good re-paint.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Really like this one... both versions look good. The only thing that distracts me when looking at it is the breast eagle. Not sure what the solution would be, but being so weathered, the eagle sticks out with too different a texture. Maybe a cloth eagle or a CVI insigna. Although CVI weathered insignia tend to degenerate with time...
But love the feel of this figure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.