One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

This is my first big project and I've been working on it over a year. Although it's not 100% finished, I think it's finished enough to post. Hope you like it!

The figure was inspired by this image from the Osprey book on the USMC in World War 1, as well as some figures from this site, such as Captain Miller's US Army officer.

The face needs no introduction, and the Uniform was made by Gee Whiz customs based on the DiD General Frank Tunic. Although they do very high quality work, unfortunately they made some errors despite clear specifications, which they refused to fix unless they were paid extra. The cavalry pattern Holster and the helmet strap were custom-made by Lucky shot scale leather, the magazine pouch and canteen cover are by be-com shop in Japan, and the insignia and whistle were provided by OSW's own Tony Barton.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Amazing and very rare to see. I could count on one hand the number of ww1 marines I've seen over at least 12 years. Well done.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That is as good as it gets, you have done a great thing here, overcoming many obstacles. A classic WW1 U.S. Marine.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
This a very nice figure and it was obviously very expensive to put together. Also as has been mentioned it's a rarely done subject. It's a shame that Gee Whiz Customs wouldn't fix their errors without being paid extra. I hope they see your post and realize what a poor endorsement their lack of customer service has earned them. I noticed that they also have a facebook page. Personally I would mention it there and link back to your post here. They would probably delete the comment but they need to realize that poor customer service has consequences.

·
Brit Basher
2,509 Posts
That is a beautifully constructed figure. Shame about the hiccup regarding the uniform, and the way they handled it. The final piece is stunning though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the kind comments, I'll upload some more pictures soon. Itcol0802, the Sam Browne belt is from the DiD Bernard Montgomery figure. Cesar, the buttons were taken straight from the DiD General Frank Tunic, the pattern of which was also used to make the forest green Tunic.

·
Captain Eyestrain
1,196 Posts
He came out very well . And the pleasure is always greater when you create him yourself.

I would be inclined to weather a little, quite subtly, because although I love smart as much as anyone, I think he needs the colour contrasts toning down a little. The mud on Great War figures can be wildly overdone sometimes , since they were clean when they went into the Line...but just a little rubbing here and there , the odd wash, nothing dramatic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts