One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just got a message from a HK seller on Ebay telling me that my item is out of stock, I won it for $13.50 incl shipping on 8/28, while I see that he has one left listed as Buy It Now for $26.50 inc shipping. He just refunded me. So what? Wasted my time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mc0214-Blac...1030?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c80798e96

The seller is minibarbie921.

So watch out!

If I post this in wrong section please move my post.

Thank you.

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
That is a shame to hear, I've been dealing with minibarbie for a long time and never had any problems. Without knowing better, it would sound like the auction was won at a lower price that they wanted so they pulled this stunt, if they have one left at BIN, they should remove that listing and honour your purchase. I take it you reported the incident to eBay?

·
fortuna favet fortibus
2,312 Posts
yes, that's the reason I'm no longer using them. I gave them a double negative because of that and for a wrong item sent. They blacklisted me and the feeling is mutual :lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I had the same thing a while back from a seller - it seems it's something they do if an item sells for less than they expected.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
They were ok with me even when things went wrong, sorry to hear that.

CHEERS!
Sellers can be genuinely exceptional in some aspects -- like service, or customer support, or doing the right thing if there's a defect -- and still be reprehensible on others, like lying to avoid selling "too low" if an EBay auction top bid didn't meet their $ expectations. It's not all white hats and black hats obviously.

While I don't condone it, psychologically I can see how someone might think "no one gets hurt if I lie about this," and so "I shouldn't be forced to sell this for less than it's worth," although if they accepted the rules of auction, yeah, they do have to.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,893 Posts
Karma is a b****.

Sellers pulling that kind of $&*# deserves to be ****ed over by scumbag bidders.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Karma is a b****. Sellers pulling that kind of $&*# deserves to be ****ed over by scumbag bidders.
Nothing positive is achieved by scumbag bidders ever. I get where you are coming from but that is a dangerous sentiment to encourage. We are all potential scumbags and potential saints. If anyone starts thinking "Seller A screwed me so I'm going to unrestrainedly take it out on Seller B for balance" the system rots further.

·
Registered
500 Posts
"no one gets hurt if I lie about this," "
This is the fact yet we also facing a lot buyer who lie for auction they won or tell you to cancel the transaction after they commit to buy, specially the last item on list

"no one gets hurt if I lie about this," Many buyers have the same concept but they never understand it cause us cost/work load, so they are actually hurting sellers

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
This is the fact yet we also facing a lot buyer who lie for auction they won or tell you to cancel the transaction after they commit to buy, specially the last item on list

"no one gets hurt if I lie about this," Many buyers have the same concept but they never understand it cause us cost/work load, so they are actually hurting sellers
iyiyyy, I agree with you completely. What I said was "While I don't condone it, psychologically I can see how" bad sellers, or bad buyers, would try to justify their actions to themselves. Doesn't mean they're right -- they're not.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,893 Posts
Nothing positive is achieved by scumbag bidders ever. I get where you are coming from but that is a dangerous sentiment to encourage. We are all potential scumbags and potential saints. If anyone starts thinking "Seller A screwed me so I'm going to unrestrainedly take it out on Seller B for balance" the system rots further.
--

I agree; however, it's a never ending vicious cycle from bad sellers to bad buyers. It takes one greedy SOB seller to **** it up for all the honest sellers and it takes one scumbag buyer to **** it up for honest sellers and buyers.

I've heard and read nothing, but good things about minibarbie921 until this thread.

If the information posted is 100% accurate and true, then minibarbie921 as a seller lost any/all credibility and integrity as a seller and the same goes for any seller pulling that kind of $%^& on eBay. The loss of credibility, integrity, and trust for any business have deep and long lasting ramifications and customers don't forget as easily as before nowadays. The same goes for scumbag customers who take advantage of businesses.

Granted, this is eBay is we're discussing and we all have choices on who and where we can by from in terms of our 1:6 needs and wants, but there is only a finite number of businesses dealing with our niche hobby and word will likely spread about scumbags on either side.

God forbid if any of the known and respected 1:6 dealers we've done business with actively and regularly decide to **** over a customer and/or drop the ball because they're more concerned with making an extra $5.00 or more because of the bottom line for them where they feel justified and/or rationalize ****ing over one customer.

It's getting to be very perilous in doing business let alone trusting any business or even fellow collectors nowadays for a variety of reasons.

I'm not going to apologize for my pessimistic perspective and view, but it is the reality nowadays and I do wish bad karma on any seller that practices such bull$%^&. Nothing positive may come from it, but they should expect to get ****ed over if they in turn **** over any customer regardless of the $ amount.

If seller A screwed me over, the I hope seller A gets royally screwed by a scumbag buyer. They have no one to blame, but themselves in terms of reciprocated karma. Everyone experienced bad karma life due to something they did previously. I truly believe in what comes around goes around and I'm cognizant of such things in life based on experience and getting older. That's my perspective.

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
The only person who really knows if the seller was lying, is the seller.
It's an unfortunate reality that stock figures aren't always accurate, and the physical stock doesn't always match the inventory records.

I think most of us have become very cautious with all the internet fraud around and tend to assume the worst.
There are definitely scumbags out there, but in this case the buyer was given a full refund, and there is no real evidence which proves the seller was lying.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry to hear somebody feels they got a bad deal. Minibarbie921 have always been a good seller to me. I've got a bunch of stuff from them and have even had second chance offers on just about every auction I have ever lost from them.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
The only person who really knows if the seller was lying, is the seller. It's an unfortunate reality that stock figures aren't always accurate, and the physical stock doesn't always match the inventory records.

I think most of us have become very cautious with all the internet fraud around and tend to assume the worst. There are definitely scumbags out there, but in this case the buyer was given a full refund, and there is no real evidence which proves the seller was lying.
Cerberus, you should re-read the facts. Seller didn't honor the obligated transaction for one item and still had another Buy It Now auction running for the identical item. Nobody starts up not one but two separate auctions without knowing they have an actual item regardless of "inventory records." Not sure what more proof you need except photographs of the Seller rolling around naked in a bathtub of the items.

"Given a full refund" means absolutely nothing in this context. It means a seller pockets the profits when an EBay auction goes high enough, and lies to escape his obligations and walks away laughing when it is not. Assuming EBay can veryify that concurrent Buy-It-Now, hopefully this Seller's got some 'splainin' to do with EBay.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
It is possible for duplicate listings to be missed by the ebay listing filter, I have experienced this myself. However, judging by the negative feedback some sellers (this includes major sellers) receive, it also seems quite common for sellers who list auction items on the cheap to either a) say the item is out of stock when it is won or b) grossly overcharge on combined shipping for multiple auction items won to make up the difference from the unexpected shortfall. It looks like they've received negative feedback for both so judge that as you will.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
It is possible for duplicate listings to be missed by the ebay listing filter, I have experienced this myself.
Missing one item that you've listed and telling a winning bidder you don't have it after all -- sure, it happens, I agree. But if the Buyer actually finds out that at the same time you still have one, and you're listing it simultaneously?

Why wouldn't the Seller close the Buy-It-Now and give Hamtata that one? Or is the Seller going to claim that his inventory was wrong once about the auction item, and wrong again about the Buy-It-Now, and he doesn't really have any at all? What is this, the Monty Python Cheese Shop? And if that was true, shouldn't he immediately shut down his Buy-It-Now?

That's why I'm so sympathetic to Hamtata. This common Seller's scam to get out of completing auctions isn't generally so obvious, but on these particular facts with the 2nd Buy-It-Now, it's unusually clear-cut. Yet people still say "The only person who really knows if the seller was lying is the seller.," and, "It is possible for duplicate listings to be missed..." Giving everyone every possible benefit of the doubt is kind-hearted but sometimes the facts don't allow it. Doing so enables bad Sellers to feel safe and invulnerable...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts