One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
shoestring
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Target today i saw an "Our Generation Mustang Foal" for $20 bucks. It looked to be perfect sized for a 1/6 horse .It was gray with matching gray mane & tail. The sculpt reminded my of Dragon Action Figures horse or the Power Team horse, but with un-jointed legs. Has anyone tried this out for 1/6 cavalry?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I had the same thought when those came out, and I had to educate myself out of it. That's a foal in something like 1/5 scale, so it comes out about the same overall height as a regular horse 1/6, but the proportions are all wrong, most prominently leg length. A foal is less than one year old -- imagine a puppy body blown up to large dog size. I'm not really a horse guy but to a trained eye I think they'd look grossly wrong for an adult 1/6 horse. I suppose you could do something with them in a sci-fi or fantasy setting though.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
I agree, as a horse person I wouldn't be able to unsee the fact it's a foal, even with a new paintjob, tack and rider. It would require considerable resculpting to work, and after all that you'd be as well to buy an actual adult horse mould.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Even for an armature for a remake, this horse is so out of whack it would not be worth it. It would have to be cut in half, lengthened, bulked up with POUNDS of Magic Sculpt, and the head is pretty well a write off. It would be easier to start with a Marx Thunderbolt.
Jean

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
For those who do not know the OP, Rainbow Avenue is a past master at making great things from the simplest materials. I would not put it past him to just build a horse from cereal cartons. And yes, he is that good. He'd never admit it, tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts