One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just wanted to chime in with my own observations/experiences. Haven't been active in a while but still lurk once in a while. Need to get back into it...

The site's been working really well for me. Things look good and I'm having no problems viewing or posting in threads so far. My only problem is that I still get the "squished" attachments when I click on them, but clicking on the squished photo pop-ups opens a new window and then I see the photo fine (I'm using IE11, Win7; I know, I'm a dinosaur).

And here's the best thing--notification finally works!! After years of not knowing if anyone has posted in my subscribed/started threads without actively checking, I'm starting to get emails telling me someone has posted. That's already a huge improvement, so good job to whoever's responsible! :cheers

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Individual posts read like pages,
When i post, the options section (to make type bold, to link, etc) is not available
Both of these can be fixed -- at least temporarily -- by playing around in the various sections under settings. For some reason the damn system decides you only need a basic editor and you need to select standard or (if you prefer) enhanced -- either of these will give you what you need (I select standard); you can also try to specify how many posts you want to view per page -- the tech suggests you select a setting and then revert to default to assure best performance. I don't have experience with the one post per page (yet), but the options are there. Both under Settings > General Settings (scroll down until you find them).

Most of these problems appear to be related to the inability of the current system configuration to save and remember your settings -- at least for some users.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I see not much has changed since I've been away. Quelle surprise! I can get in with a password from the email, but, you reckon that won't be for long. I just fixed the one reply per page thing. I'm not going to bother with the rest if it can't remember I've done it. I'll drop by for as long as I'm able to and see what happens.

·
2,105 Posts
I see not much has changed since I've been away. Quelle surprise! I can get in with a password from the email, but, you reckon that won't be for long. I just fixed the one reply per page thing. I'm not going to bother with the rest if it can't remember I've done it. I'll drop by for as long as I'm able to and see what happens.
Welcome back, Roger! And there was great rejoicing!
The temporary passwords have been working for unpredictable amounts of time in my experience, before necessitating a new one. And once in a while I have to reapply DFC's fixes for the other stuff. Still baffled that the basic login/system remembering preferences issue remains unresolved, and also at the somewhat (or very) different impact it has on different users.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I'm not rejoicing much, this may only be a flying visit to catch up. Drop by DFC's 'If you rebuilt the OSW' thread, as I have posted something there that will be of interest to everyone here.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I’m beginning to think either the new tech people have no idea what they’re doing, or they just don’t care. In this day and age you wouldn’t think it would take this long to fix; how long before the advertisers pull the plug and abandon the site due to all this? We have members giving up and losig interest.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Again I urge you to drop by DFC's thread. Those losing interest could have somewhere to go. We need people with the right know-how and testicular fortitude to join the cause and build a forum that we can call ours again.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Today I am plagued by adverts on the right hand side of my screen. I appear to be logged in and no amount of fiddling has made them go away.
Unless this is a desperation effort to satisfy the sponsors until the problem is fixed ( if ever )
It is quite annoying and has further reduced the enjoyment of using the forum do to the reduced screen area.

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
Today I am plagued by adverts on the right hand side of my screen. I appear to be logged in and no amount of fiddling has made them go away.
Unless this is a desperation effort to satisfy the sponsors until the problem is fixed ( if ever )
It is quite annoying and has further reduced the enjoyment of using the forum do to the reduced screen area.
Right there with you. At this point I was happier with the old owners and although they were not keen on updating we had fewer problems. This is no longer the OSW I used to know.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Does anyone know if any attempt is being made to restore the forum to what we had?

In this instance, no news is not good news.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
-
I would suggest trying Adblock Plus it does seem to help. (sometimes)

·
Batmanila
850 Posts
1. I no longer see how many post/comment one has already made. I do not post comments much but as member since 2007, I wanted to know if I reached any milestone (without checking my own profile page).

2. I wanted to know if there are any new comments posted without clicking the thread again. The site used to have this. Now, all you see is when the thread started.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
693 Posts
I have ad blocker, but I still see the ads.
I'm using Adblock Pro and Chrome. Personally I don't really mind seeing ads on the page itself. I know that ads are the trade-off for getting a free service. On the sites I use a lot I used to click on the ads even if I had no interest in them just so their click-count increased. It is the pop-ups and redirects and videos that have no way of stopping them that annoy the crap out of me and what finally compelled me to install an ad blocker.

·
2,105 Posts
1. I no longer see how many post/comment one has already made. I do not post comments much but as member since 2007, I wanted to know if I reached any milestone (without checking my own profile page).

2. I wanted to know if there are any new comments posted without clicking the thread again. The site used to have this. Now, all you see is when the thread started.
In case it helps, the system shows you as having made 850 posts.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts