One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,054 Posts
I'm with Corran...there isn't a figure on my shelf that hasn't been augmented in some way...but I'm going to take a few stabs.

I can't really make a top 10....but I do have some notables that bear mentioning:

Dragon HANS: Their first release changed everything. For $45 bucks (expensive at the time), this one figure alone put a few dozen customizers out of business who were charging about $200 for a similar figure with the same level of detail. Remember back when customizers would charge $80 bucks for a german tunic and pants that would fit a "Hall of Fame" sized GI Joe?? :D Oh the mind reels....

Ignite's Roman: The one that looks like Russel Crowe in Gladiator...incredible detail and figure (and the unlicensed likeness!) :)

21st Century Toys: Any of their Nam or Modern or WW2 releases in their first few years. Absolutely amazing value for the money....sure, by todays standards the plastic pouches and stuff dont look as great as they did then, but the 3 foot rule applies...with a little paint and weathering at 3 feet they can still look awesome. Also, produced items that nobody else would touch...they literally re-launched the HObby...until Dragon ate their lunch.

GI Joe Mission Splashdown: Reissued astronaut with Gemini-styled Space Capsule.
Nuff said.

Action Man SAS. Black jumpsuit....grey anti-flash hood....black facemask...badass! :)

I could go on forever, but I think those are some of the pretty important 1/6 new releases..and yeah I'm totally vague on any of them. I think every single release is worthy of some love. :)

· Registered
2,054 Posts
I personally don't think the Medicom Fett is "all that"...in fact, now that I own him, I actually am kinda disappointed with his shape-hugging uniform, like so many Japanese figures they cut the legs too tightly IMHO.

PS: Did anyone here mention the three SST SPINAL TAP figures? Cuz if not, they gotta be included :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.