One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
OSW.com IS BACK!

As many of you are probably aware, OSW was down for approx. 2 days due to an explosion and fire where our DNS servers were being housed.

Read the full story HERE.

Because of this, the site was down but is no obviously back online.

Thanks for your understanding and we're looking into ways to keep this from happening again!

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Finally! That outage put us out for 2 days. Thanks for your patience during our 'blackout'!

A big thanks to the quick work of the fantastic team of people managing our servers.

I think we're still on generators, so the site availability may still be spotty the rest of the week. The damage there was far more extensive than originally thought, and we have a bigger challenge that will require a two-step process. For the first step, the data center has designed a temporary method that brought power back to our servers today, but the solution will be temporary. They will use a generator to supply power through next weekend when the necessary gear will be delivered to permanently restore normal utility power and their battery backup system.

##############################################

Explosion Causes Major Outage

An electrical explosion and fire Saturday at a Houston data center has taken the entire facility off line. The explosion at 5 pm Saturday has affected 9,000 customer servers, and the company says it hopes to restore service by late Sunday afternoon. No servers or network equipment were damaged by the explosion, but the data center is without power. The data center said it is working with the fire department and its facilities staff to restore power and get servers back online. NOTE: See our Monday update for the latest recovery timetable.

"(Saturday) evening at 4:55pm CDT in our H1 data center, electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding our electrical equipment room," said the CEO of the data center, in a message on the company's forums. "Thankfully, no one was injured. In addition, no customer servers were damaged or lost."

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I can think of NO better way than to spend my ONE THOUSANDTH POST to say welcome back to OSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was DT'ing something fierce and couldnt wait for you to get back up. Happy days are here again.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
I'm so glad OSW is back online. I had gone withdrawal from not having enough of my 1:6th fix.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts