One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A number of us complained when we got the Security Services title, back in 2013.
This is what we were hoping for, I think.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Got my copy Friday, with a different cover, as is the custom of Osprey Publishing. I haven't started on it yet, but it begins with special operations in the Revolution, proceeding up until recently. Good photographs, a satisfactory number of colored plates of very skilled artistry and fine quality.
This is not the be all/end all of books on the subject, but as with most Osprey titles, worth having.

I did end up sending a complaint to Amazon, after my copy showed up with permanent bending of the back cover, and some pages. Their shipping department fell down badly, basically tossing the book in an over-sized bubble-pak envelope with no stiffeners. I did NOT point out that such a technique would definitely make them tossers - I believe that would be stating the obvious.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts

Got my copy Friday, with a different cover, as is the custom of Osprey Publishing. I haven't started on it yet, but it begins with special operations in the Revolution, proceeding up until recently. Good photographs, a satisfactory number of colored plates of very skilled artistry and fine quality.
This is not the be all/end all of books on the subject, but as with most Osprey titles, worth having.

I did end up sending a complaint to Amazon, after my copy showed up with permanent bending of the back cover, and some pages. Their shipping department fell down badly, basically tossing the book in an over-sized bubble-pak envelope with no stiffeners. I did NOT point out that such a technique would definitely make them tossers - I believe that would be stating the obvious.
:lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts