One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At OSF I was able to help Pangaea95 (Randy) with the eastern front dio he was woking on. He provided ther Germans, the German position, the ground, the trees,... well pretty much everything except the Russians and some rocks. That's what I covered.

We had planned this as a German MG position where the Russians were able to sneak up on a tree covered flank. We had planned it as a two day dio. Day one would show the initial penetration and recon by the Russians and Day 2 would be the assualt. Due to table logistics, we were not able to change the dio up for day two. The German position was near impossible to reach from acrossed the table and Randy had initially set it up with the table behind it (the zombie town dio) pushed away enough for him to to the back side. So the assualt phase never happened.

So, what we did ned up with is the recon portion of our plan. I didn't take any complete shots of the dio. But what we have is a German MG position with the Russians coming in from a flank. The Sniper/Recon and lead team has taken out two sentries. A sniper team has set up a recon position while a couple of riflemen hold a watch position. The sniper/scout team leader is talking with the infantry platoon leader to come up with a plan for the assalt. Ther Germans at this point have not noticed the Russian penetration, and are going about their normal duties. But the Russians better act quick because the sentries will soon be noticed missing....

I have to give a couple of shout outs: To Nan and LaughingGravy for helping out big time on Friday night before the show, and again to Gravy and to local 1/6thman Ed for helping us set up and detail the dio. You guys Rock!!! A huge set of thanks to Rand for all his hard work, letting me take part and all his enthusiasm the whole weekend!!

The German position:

The Russian penetration coming soon...

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Russians have krept in and taken out two sentries...

A sniper team keeps on watch...

A few riflemen keep watch while the platoon leader talks thing over with the head sniper/scout...

Do the Germans stand a chance?..... Will the Russian soldiers be mowed down?... Don't look for this to be answered with pictures, we never got to the attack. You'll just have to use your imagination.

·
1/6 24/7!
1,253 Posts
This is really cool diorama. Maybe it is just me, I think Germans would have seen russians. I mean, they're only few feets away and not well camouflaged. So if I'm building this diorama, I would add more brushes.

·
Proactive Procrastinator
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mercenary25 said:
This is really cool diorama. Maybe it is just me, I think Germans would have seen russians. I mean, they're only few feets away and not well camouflaged. So if I'm building this diorama, I would add more brushes.
Well, we had limited space, and there was some mis-communication, and I thought we had enough trees and didn't realize Randy wanted me to bring mine. So we should have had about 6 more trees. But I know what you mean, but I think it would have just cluttered the dio. I think this gets the general idea acrossed without cluttering it up too much. There are some things that are hard to do accurately in 1/6th with limited space.

Thanks for the comments guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.