One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...just sharing some pics of an orc HS that I'm going to use for a Pelenor Fields custom. Used Sculpey Gray Firm for this project, have fallen in love with this product and use it almost exclusively. I hope you like!

·
Danish Special Forces
988 Posts
Pretty good for a scratch sculpt. What's Pelenor Fields?

·
Don't Panic.
2,477 Posts
Mortar Conn said:
Pretty good for a scratch sculpt. What's Pelenor Fields?
[GEEK MODE ON] Pelennor (Elven, meaning "fenced land") was the area around Minas Tirith in the Lord of the Rings. It is where the main battle of the War of the Ring took place between the forces off the West (Gondor, Rohan, Dunedain) and the forces of the East (Sauron's army). This happened in "The Return of the King". It is also where Eowyn, maiden of Rohan struck down the Witch King of Angmar, Lord of the Nazgul. [/GEEK MODE OFF] :erm

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gents! Only thing I'm reconsidering are the paint aps...seems to me to be hiding some of the detail of the sculpt. I'm a kitbashin' fool as we speak...finished pics soon.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya Rogue, if you're thinking of the same one I am he's attacking a Gondorian soldier when the orcs have fiinally gained access to Minas Tirith in ROTK. He's like a crazed animal, gnawing on the soldier's neck in a ferocious attack. Startling paint job and I wanted to use the same approach for mine...maybe I'll leave it as it is...might've been the harshness of my camera's flash bulb that seems to throw the paint aps off.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ya jimm...the sharp armour is definitely the plan. If this project goes well I want to try and bash Gothmog as he is seen in the movie...an incredible design that is one of my favorites. Pictured below is my berserker bash wherein I wanted to go for the same feel as the layered sharp armour as seen in ROTK. Time consuming, but worth the effort.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow! i aint seen that before and it one insane berserker.
Your new guys a cirith morgol orc right?, i remember these they walk upright and have that cool uniform, black red and rusty metal.

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How True Rogue...no stunted orc here...lol! I'm working almost as we speak on the armor for the conversion...all dark and severe as in the ROTK film from Pelennor Fields...the Gray Firm Sculpey is magical for this. BTW, thanks for the compliment on the berserker!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts