One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I dont think you'll be dissapointed, DiD's headsculpts are amazing now, their new body is a major improvement, the only thing with them is using other heads is a little annoying as the adapter isnt universal

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont think you'll be dissapointed, DiD's headsculpts are amazing now, their new body is a major improvement, the only thing with them is using other heads is a little annoying as the adapter isnt universal
What do you mean? It looks like the same as DAM/Crazy Dummy/CalTek. Do these head fit on the 'ball joint'?

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
DID uses the ball joint just like the rest, but the ball itself is a little smaller so adapters or heads from the other players will not fit. It is not a big deal in itself as I only use DID heads on this body..if you are just buying the whole boxed set I say go for it...

I have about 30 loose all era bodies and love them.

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
The new DiD body is one of my favorite bodies currently. It has an excellent range of motion and I like that it's a bit skinnier than traditional Hot Toys (or knock off) bodies. The new DiD bodies are very sturdy (as should be expected based on their older bodies).

I have never removed the neck joint, so I can't say as to it's compatibility. However, the neck peg is slightly thinner than older DiD heads. For example, I can't fit my WW1 French Infantryman (Jean Reno) head on the new body without some putty or super glue.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
My only caveat with the DID "All Era" body is the neck peg/post design. It's not compatible with others (i.e. HT, etc.).

I actually prefer it in some respects to the HT TTM 21 design, but given the "as is" limitation on the neck peg/post design I find it disappointing that I can't use other head sculpts easily as I can with a HT TTM 21.

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
the best and cheapest in the market..alot better than those stated above. one can make any head fit with some blu tack or other means so that shouldn't deter you since YOU already are a skilled modeller from what i've seen.

peace out
Miguel

·
Registered
914 Posts
We'll I don't own the new body so hard to say, from the pics I see it looks well...skinny as mentioned before, I can see that the articulation is really good so that's a huge plus and it's a low price from what others are saying so..... I guess I will get a couple of them to try out. Being a die hard True Type collector it's tough for me to say this is what I will buy going forward, if it had muscle tone like the true type then YES I would but it doesn't so........

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
i guess it all depends on what youre trying to build BUT as far as i'm concern the new DiD body is more of your average body type for a typical soldier and such so for me it's the best out there!! it also works great with multiple layers of clothing if you want!! solid tight joints and great articulation...for the price nothing better out there period..

Miguel

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
It's really nice and stands well. The ankle design is one of the best I've seen and really sturdy. As has been said, other heads will fit if you secure them.

On mine, the hips were floppy, but, I took it apart and wadded the joint recesses with blu tack for a tighter fit and it's a lot better now. Mine was an early one though and they may well have improved since then.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's a huge improvement on the old DID body, slimmer and as mentioned an average size overall.....I prefer the height as well, I haven't tried adding any other manufacturers head sculpt to the body as yet.....so I'm not sure if a Dam Toy's or Ace head sculpt will fit, I'm sure once you buy the Buck figure you wont be disappointed.

Chelseaboy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts