One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm more of a WW2 person but since I decided to make a shemagh today I figured I'd throw together a Modern bash. It's mostly just to showcase the shemagh but I did my best after searching through my shoebox of Power Team/21st stuff. There's a post about how I made the shemagh in the Custom Tips & Techniques section.

I don't think it's half bad but I'm out of my element. Thanks for looking...

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice, I haven't seen that piece in a long time. Grizzerr, I think its some sort of roll up rifle "drag bag" that DML made a long time ago. I had one and couldn't figure out where a lot of those straps connect :p If I recall, the figure it came with [some sniper, maybe gsg9 lars or hksdu lam?] could prone on it after it was unfurled.

Your featured homemade shemagh looks great fusilier, and nice bash from mainly 21C/PT parts, not something we see everyday :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually the only modern parts I own other than PT/21st are from a BBI Marine I picked up at the KB outlet for $15! The drag-bag is actually a 21st Century Toys product. It came with their SWAT sniper. The bag is probably a close relative of the DML one as it has more buckles and snaps than is obvious what to do with them all!

The figure it came from wasn't half bad for what 21st came out with later on. Besides the molded "junk," the body armor and knee/elbow pads were reasonable and the figure has a squinting eyed headsculpt for sniping. Molded baseball cap was OK too.

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm thinking of moving into a few modern figures (no PMCs, LOL!) and this is a good place to start I gather...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics of the bag unfurled just in case anyone cares:

and here is a picture of this guy holding the sniper rifle while standing with my #2 guy:

Sorry, no outdoor pics as it's a bit cold and snowy outside. It's hard to get good shots indoors but I'm not in the mood to get cold and wet. Thanks for looking...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.