One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Looks like they're handing off all their armored/helmeted figures over to Medicom.

What I wanna know is if they'll ever consider handing off all the droids and such over to Hot Toys to do (?!).

·
Cool, I've got a title...
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think an armored figure would be easier to do than a person. IF we are going to have 10,000 Lukes, it would be nice to have the 1 guy that spawned him.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Hang on,

Does this mean that the only Vader we're going to get is going to be short!? If it is I'm outta here, and if it also means that we don't get a properly scaled Fett, I'm so gone!

CHEERS!

·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I posted this more or less in jest....

However, there is a little bit of seriousness in my question. Why don't we have a VAder yet? We'll have 4 Lukes, 2 Solos, 2 Leias, 2 Obiwans but no Vader. He's the one figure I'm looking for especially since we have 2 Lukes that duelled him.

·
(a.k.a. Allen)
1,219 Posts
And a very good question it is.
We'll probably Grand Moff Tarkin before we see a Vader...

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
I love this line, but I do wonder about characters like Darth Vader, Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, C-3P0, R2 and so on....

Hasbro didn't do so great on the human likenesses-- and their bodeis sucked-- but they always came through with ALL the figures from Star Wars. To not have a Vader out at this point.........? I don't know...... It seems odd... Like maybe we'll never see one from SS.

We might have to re-work some Hasbro stuff to fit in with our SS stuff if the license expires before they get around to making them.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
This actually looks like a scene from Space Balls.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I may add to the question,.... when are you guys gonna improve your inner body?
I get that you are trying to do better scaling by doing a short-normal-tall bodies, buy seriously, Sideshow inner body is one of the most horrible one out there in the market. The articulation is just plain bad. Since you guys are becoming one of the major player in the market for 12" figures, and since the products are high end collectibles, don't you think its time to improve the inner body? Its a one time thing anyway. Oh, and pls stop using springs,.... its just bad. It makes it that much more difficult to pose figures,.....

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Mikoyan...dunno why I only just noticed this thread...but that shot is hilarious! Looks like Stuie from Family Guy's SW special! Seriously though...I personally think that SST is dragging their butts on SW stuff they know people really want so that they can release figures beforehand that might otherwise not garner a lot of interest. Kinda holding onto their trump cards so to speak. But as mentioned in another post...and of primary concern for me...SST has been bumping up their price points without any noticeable improvements...particularly with a body that is years out of date as compared with other companies.

·
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Vader is one of the Hasbro Deformed figures that originally appeared in Japan. i have a Darth Maul that speaks Japanese (very cool).

I don't want to spend the 150 or more for a Medicom Vader because I think Sideshow could do a good enough Vader. I should have gotten the Revenge of the Sith Vader when I had a chance because I rpobably could have put it in a DML body and been set.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I agree with you guys, i think it's time for a damn Darth Vader Sideshow!!!!!. Also they need to do something about there boots, because they all look bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.