One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yes indeed OSS has pulled up its tent pegs and rode off into the setting sun.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Interesting, I was just on there last week talking to a few admins.

No hint at all that this was happening.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Another board where people could share the hobby goes bye bye. I wasn't a frequent poster there but did share from time to time. Not sure how the operator was with others but he didn't do me wrong. With the hobby getting more expensive and fewer people joining up it is a shame that we lost another place to meet up and converse about the hobby.

jeff (Geppetto)

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
That's a shame. I only made a few posts there but I liked to keep an eye on Weylen's custom section of the board.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I joined last year, got abused and banned for making a simple comment, that said, i thought the site was great the Vietnam section was really good and participation was excellent. The abuse and negative feedback from the admin was only going to make this site fail, just a matter of time. So Where are all you exOSS Vietnam afficiandos???? Come back to the OSW and participate, judging from the Dam Toys M60 Vietnam Marine release, there is plenty of you on here. Dont be shy , get amongst it!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had joined there last month for their Vietnam gear Campaign and now the site has gone.... They had excellent Vietnam Figures done so far and it is a pitty the site was closed or better powdered ;-). The 1/6 communitiy is an endangered species ;-).
I am glad i have saved all of their Vietnam photos on my hard disk.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
I was an admin there.
It was a surprise to myself and the other admins who I'm able to contact as well. Some have dropped off with the forum, which, along with the Facebook page, have disappeared over night.

Another Ex-Admin and myself are making a new Facebook group up though, focusing on Vietnam, called Grunt Six Actual. We only just booted it up yesterday, so it's in early, and rather bare stages, but it's a beginning.
We're undecided just yet if we will take to another forum page or keep it a Facebook only group.

·
1:6 Miniature Craftsman
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Instead of fragmenting the hobby with multiple forums, it makes more sense to congregate in one place. I'm sure you guys would be welcome here.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Instead of fragmenting the hobby with multiple forums, it makes more sense to congregate in one place. I'm sure you guys would be welcome here.
Oh don't worry, fragmentation isn't our intent, the Facebook page is just for easy convenience, you will likely see some more of our members and projects returning here to OSW.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Just like what we collect in terms of niches/themes . . . the same applies for cliques among members when it comes to focusing on niches/themes.

If some want to go their own way, then fine.

If some choose to return or visit, then fine.

While I can understand the need/want for a callous comment of you got what you deserved, the point remains what purpose does that serve asides from some meaningless self-satisfaction?

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That which transpired on OSS is just that, good and bad. If anyone needs to know more, that can be handled by PMs or emails. Keep the ill feelings contained, or for somewhere else. As for other forums, there are numbers of those, just as there are FB page forums. One sixth scale will never be a major factor in the scheme of things, but we not only can weather the existence of other forums, the hobby usually benefits from them.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
In the spirit of the 1:6 hobby, how about a Vietnam theme for March within the OSW?

Create and post a custom/kitbash during March with a Vietnam theme.

Encourage those from OneSixthSlaves and elsewhere to join (or revisit).

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
In the spirit of the 1:6 hobby, how about a Vietnam theme for March within the OSW?

Create and post a custom/kitbash during March with a Vietnam theme.

Encourage those from OneSixthSlaves and elsewhere to join (or revisit).

Just my $.02 worth.
Dude - we already have a Nam contest with several hundred dollars worth of prizes running literally right now.
I even invited OSS members to participate, as Pickle Munkey can attest. What happened on OSS is in the past.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Dude - we already have a Nam contest with several hundred dollars worth of prizes running literally right now.
I even invited OSS members to participate, as Pickle Munkey can attest. What happened on OSS is in the past.
Yep Ryan did reach out, but when I ran it past the admin he opted not to help participate.
Since we're under new management, I can check with the other guys at Grunt Six Actual.
Myself I would have no issue in spreading the 'Nam around.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts