One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 years ago in Lebanon I got my hands on BBi's Shark, Sniper, and Striker, then all of a sudden that series disappeared from the scene (typical of Lebanese toy distributors). In 2006 I moved to Montreal, with a decent internet connection, access to eBay (you all see where this is going, right?) a world of possibilities opened up.

In January of 2007, thanks to Alex over at Urbansamurai I got a hold of a Medi ROTS Vader and my Holy Grail the Takara Jin Roh. It all tumbled from there on out.

My first mil figure here was actually the TS Gregorec in Woodland Marpat, that guy is in pieces at the moment so he's not exactly in the collection. I don't really have completed sets beyond the HT Marine sniper, it's all a bunch of mix and matches.

Naturally after Vader, you gotta get the rest (I also have SS ROTS Obiwan, Mace, and Maul, but i don't like 'em as much as the Medis).

There's also the odds and ends that don't really fit anywhere in particular:

Love this guy!

And you gotta have a Samurai!​

And now the current WiPs:

An HT bodied Endor trooper and HT Marmit Stormy

So you may ask: what's on for this year?

Well got a second Marmit coming in, pre-ordered HT's CIA GIO and M-249 PMC, Medi Maul and Motoko once she's available, and who knows what the rest of the year brings from Barrack Sergeant, Soldier Story, and ACE (SCAR!!!).

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
You got your first 1:6 in Lebanon?? The Lebanon in the Middle East? WOW!
The media had educated me in a way that the country is really in a mess... once the pearl & pride of middle east is in ruins from succession of wars. Please pardon my shallow knowledge... Glad that you are outta there now :D

Back on topic, I think you got a nice spiffy collection. Your US troops are well geared and headsculpt selection is very appropriate for each of them. And that Medicom SW collection must have cost a limb :lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got your first 1:6 in Lebanon?? The Lebanon in the Middle East? WOW!
Well it depends on where in Lebanon you live, certain regions tend to be "better" than others. You also have to consider the average Lebanese citizen's mentality which is of more relaxed state of mind. Hell, the President stepped down and elections keep getting pushed back, and yet the people keep going on like nothings happening.

The modern Action Man is the 1/6 toy most stores tend to sell, the BBis were a one time thing in 2001, Scar came out right after those guys (which I also picked up), then it was the F-15 pilot, and that was it for BBi in Leb; in 2005 Dragon showed up as well in scale hobby stores, but I was only into the modern stuff. Scale modeling is considerably more popular there.

Luke, BHS, and regular Stormtrooper I got for cheaper than usualy ~90-100$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts