One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the box and kitted up? I'd like to see what these two figures look like "out of the box"...so far I can't find anything except blurry shots of the trays or of half-dressed figures showing almost no gear.

Anyone have these guys un-adultered on their shelves or can point me to a pic online of what they look like? Anyone do a review??

Thank You!

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Ummm Don, I'll disagree - for the price these are going, there are not enough good stuff in there. Unfortunately it's one of those sets rushed out on the market by Merit. Holster are far inferior in quality to ACE. M4s have rather sloppy paint job with all of the accessories slapped and glued to the rifle - sometimes at incorrect angle. Nudes are weird design with rather loose joints (no it's not G3.5). If you can close your eyes to the above stuff, set is rather nice otherwise. Personally, I don't think its worth getting... well maybe for sentimental value.

Cheers,

Alexei

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I remember when the set came out, it got fairly mixed reviews, but there were a lot of complaints. I don't know the specifics of what goes on in producing these figures, but for the venue and the meaning of the set, I think it could have been done better and with more care.

Other than that, there are some nice pieces, better if you get the set for a better price. Those two left hand dropdowns in the picture R6 was kind enough to scorunge up are ammo pouches, not holsters, the woodland one on PJ Cunningham, RIP, loads horizontally from the front, and the black one on Ranger Self vertically. I never got them but they looked nice whenever I saw them at auction :p

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats the thing, I have some credit at a store and I'm tempted....it would bring the set in under $100 dollars.....but I know I'd wind up having to add to them, so I'm wishy-washing.

And while I respect the intent of the set regarding the subject matter, I'm not sure I'd use the headsculpts in the end.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, and the store in question is Toys R Us.

Well, they have the HAHO guy for $99 but I've already got him...and, they've got the French Airborne Bruno, but not the Foreign Legion guy.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The RBA and associated RACK type pouches are nice pieces - only wish I could find some of them to bash me some woodland Rangers. :(

Alexei - the bodies are from Armoury - and yes they are pretty much useless! :knock

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Dang, your TRU sells BBI stuff? Interesting.

I'd have a really hard time buying that set for the full price though, even on store cred.

Personally, I'd try to find some tech to blow it on (games, vids, electronics, etc).

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
I think I bought 3 of those box sets,numerous sets of the Ranger RBA and pouches and the AWS medic dropdown.Those are the standout pieces.

It should also be noted that the headsets are with PTT switches.It's just the wire coming off the Peltor directly to a 148 radio.

Helmets are nice too,but kinda oversized to accomodate the Peltor.

Here is one of the posts I did on this set
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41071&highlight=cunningham

And here is another..
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40995&highlight=review

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Online has it....and yeah, I might be better off dropping the credit on a Assasins Creed and that french Airborne guy :)

Thanks for the links Corran, seeing the figures up close now.....Meh...I'm still lukewarm. Might just hold onto that credit for awhile....

Thanks everyone for the opinions and pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.