One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i having trouble finding info about the weapons of the idf spec forces,anyone know if they have access to lots of different small arms as american spec ops doe? also does anyone know if the idf still uses the uzi at all?

·
Registered
810 Posts
IDF operates an elite undercover anti-terrorist unit. I have not seen information more up to date than 2000. At that time there were using M-4's as their most common assault weapon. They also had their own pistol, the Jericho. They would employ AK-47's as needed for covert actions and at that time were still using the micro-uzi. Lord only knows what they use for a sniper's weapon, they were operating M-14s at one time.
Hope this helps.
Jon

·
What should I bash today?
4,267 Posts

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
it all depends on what you mean by 'special forces'.the sayaret mat'kal and naval infantry used the ak-47 as standard for years.m-4s seem to be the thing for most everyone else.no sign of galils in years.special ops units would be able to acquire any weapon they wanted....but blending in with the 'locals' seems to take priority.despite all the trash talk of the m-16/m-4 rifles...many other countries special forces seem to like them.and the ak series as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.