One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just traded away my chopper with the thought of getting a newer predator,my question is are the newer figures on a slimmer body or are they identical? and,i ive totally lost track of how many preds are available,has anyone made a list,sort of like pistol pete did with 21c????thanks guys

·
Registered
406 Posts
No one's made a list of predators but there is a list of movie master series MMS that hot toys has released...

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79813&highlight=mms

Unfortunately it's not up to date, but you only need to add AVP predator wolf cleaner version and Predator 2 lost predator.

In terms of predator bodies, all the non-avp 1 predators are slim bodies plus thin dreadlocks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not only are the bodies thinner, but they can perform much more "realistic" poses. The dreadlocks are thinner, more detailed and no longer poseable, but lay much more naturally. I guess these opinions depend on who you ask.

·
Unwell
1,729 Posts
The later Predators are far superior to the earlier AVP offerings. The Predator 2 Elder, Battle Damages P2, and Requiem Cleaner are superb. Pick any
of these up and you won't be disappointed my friend.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Predators in order of release:

'I look just like Arnold' bodies
Scar Predator - AVP
Celtic Predator - AVP
Chopper Predator - AVP
Elder Predator - AVP

Slimmer Bodies
Young Predator - Predator 2
Young Predator, Battle Damage - Predator 2
Elder Predator - Predator 2
Wolf Predator - AVP2
Wolf Predator, cleaner verison - AVP2
Lost Predator - Predator 2

New female Body
Machiko

·
Plastic anonymous
213 Posts
Actually i prefer the nudes from the avp and p2 series.

The nude from avp-r aren't as good to me. The main reason lies in the sculpted armour over the arms and legs.

The overall look may be more proportionate but reduces the posing possiblities.

You could fuss over how you wanted to orientate the gauntlet for the avp & P2 predators but this isn't possible for both wolf predators released.

Also the 2 wolfs for one reason or not dun seem to be as stable as the avp predators that can stand on their own without a stand.

I think its the type of plastic they used for wolf. The predators from avp and p2 do not have this problem.

just my 2 cents,
James.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
All the Predator bodies are exactly the same except the Wolf which has new upper arms, sculpted on gauntlets, new upper legs, and sculpted on lower leg armor. That's it. Even the Wolf's main body is the same as every other Predator.

AS for heads, every new release is different, and usually better, in regard to the way they do dreads and likenesses.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
PS James, do you think it's possible to take the Wolf/Cleaner head & gear and transfer it to a AVP series body? Or is the AVP body too wide? Do you think a transfer to a P2 body would be more viable ( and cost effective...)?
I'm not James, but I can answer that question. The P2 bodies are exactly the same as the AVP bodies with the obvious exception of paint aps. Wolf armor will fit the AVP bodies, but it may not look quite right because the huge ball socket shoulder will be much more visible, especially on the right shoulder where the Wolf has no armor. The head will fit the neck in exactly the same way because the main body hasn't changed for any of the Predators released. As far as cost, AVP figures generally run higher on eBay than P2 because they are older, but P2's are catching up now. Whenever you see just the body for sale though, it's usually an AVP body.

·
Plastic anonymous
213 Posts
I'm not James, but I can answer that question. The P2 bodies are exactly the same as the AVP bodies with the obvious exception of paint aps. Wolf armor will fit the AVP bodies, but it may not look quite right because the huge ball socket shoulder will be much more visible, especially on the right shoulder where the Wolf has no armor. The head will fit the neck in exactly the same way because the main body hasn't changed for any of the Predators released. As far as cost, AVP figures generally run higher on eBay than P2 because they are older, but P2's are catching up now. Whenever you see just the body for sale though, it's usually an AVP body.
David, you could technically do the head transplant but bear in mind that the colours may be off. The colour scheme for wolf and the avp preds are somewhat diff and the difference between the wolf and P2 pred bodies are even more glaring.

You would also not get screen accurate guantlets and shin armour. If that does not bug you then the colour difference between wolf's shoulder armour and avp shin and guantlets also have to be looked into.

james.

·
Huge Predator Mark
125 Posts
All the Predator bodies are exactly the same except the Wolf which has new upper arms, sculpted on gauntlets, new upper legs, and sculpted on lower leg armor. That's it. Even the Wolf's main body is the same as every other Predator.

AS for heads, every new release is different, and usually better, in regard to the way they do dreads and likenesses.
i thought this was the case - was suprised to hear everyone saying they were different. i think its just the armor and big wire 80's hair that makes them look bigger.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
One more 'ditto' on the AVP and P2 bodies being identical except for paint apps. I've got both. The difference between the AVP and P2 is the AVP armour being bulkier than the P2 which makes the bodies look bulkier overall when fully kitted, and of corse the poseable dreads which give the heads the appearance of being bigger than they really are.

I haven't been disappointed by any of the Preds I picked up - AVP, P2, or AVP Requiem. Having said that, if given the choice I prefer the hanging dreads on the P2 and Requiem over the poseable ones. They look far more natural. So much so that if HT re-released just the heads from the first 4 AVP figures with hanging dreads I'd be sorely tempted to pick them up and upgrade the bodies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts