One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

sadly some of thier best stuff never saw the light of day,i recently saw some pics of their modern brit sniper,idf,a bad ass named tank. so so sad:(

·
Likes little people
1,617 Posts
I was looking for the Israeli guy- anybody know what the younger Allen is doing nowadays ??

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we should bust into their office/warehouse and loot the place.maybe even hold one of the allens hostage and make the other allens fire up the production line again. im pretty sure we wouldnt go to prison or anything right??

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
haha sounds like a good idea irish i want to get my hands on the vehicles again!!! those jeeps, hummers, bradleys and the 2 choppers!!!! but this raid comes after my raid on alexi's warehouse .... you better watch out man i have my plan in the works lol

·
God Bless America
1,529 Posts
One of the Allen's (pretty sure it was the son) started Dusty Trail Toys, making McFarlane type figures, but better. They haven't made anything for some time now and their web site is gone, if it was ever there.

It is sad to see some of the figures 21st never made, among other things. Some very cool stuff, indeed.
But think of the stuff we haven't seen or even know about. :cry

Irish, if the judge and jury were 1/6 junkies, we would get off free and clear. ;)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imagine the headlines on fox news...1/6th toy makers disappearing all over the country at an alarming rate

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
21st always had the most diverse line of 1/6 on the market. I used to look forward to their stuff more than anything I do nowadays. (Maybe 'cause I was younger then... Plus the fun of the "hunt" of actually finding them in Toys R Us!)

It's a shame they couldn't keep up with the contsantly improving market of 1/6. They were more for collectors, but the collectors migrated to better stuff like Dragon and bbi and-- since they were too pricey to be a casual kids toy-- 21st had no market left to really sell to and they halted production on 1/6.

I really miss the spirit this company brought to the hobby. I'd love to see them try their hand at it again some day.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they even had decent service back in their hayday. try getting that from dml these days,they'll kick you off their board and the shills slander you :knock.21c had so much cold war era stuff that never made it:(

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
love that modern brit. someone really needs their butt kicked for these figs never making it in the world

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Love the German and Russian troops in the first post. Very late production 21C stuff was showing a serious attempt to catch up to Dragon and BBI standards of the time.

Fortunately, they are still around and turning out weapons sets. They aren't as detailed as current standards but a pack of interesting weapons for $8 to $10 US is still a good deal, especially if you want them for modeling fodder.
They recently announced their return to Toys R Us, which will hopefully counter some of the distribution problems they've been having with Wal Mart. It was frustrating when my local Wal Marts didn't get the last few batches of weapons sets in. I knew people on the West Coast who were buying them in bulk at blow out prices because their stores were over-stocked.

Who knows, maybe we'll see a comeback one day and then we can all get back to complaining about how their $15 carded sets just aren't as good as the $50-$70 sets from Toy Soldier, ACE, et al. :lol

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
That 70's mobster is amazing! I would have snatched him up in a heartbeat...Sadly, he'll never see the ligh of any of our hobby rooms..

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Would I be totally out of my mind if I brought up the idea of trying to resurrect this product line? I'm sure the molds still exist, how hard could it be to contact the factory overseas and contract to have the figures produced?

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
markdrake said:
Would I be totally out of my mind if I brought up the idea of trying to resurrect this product line? I'm sure the molds still exist, how hard could it be to contact the factory overseas and contract to have the figures produced?
I know I would nearly piss my pants if I found out they were being made....

1 - 20 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.