One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had much time for any 1/6ing, but did take some shots of my old-timey firearm rack. I needed a way to display some extra stuff after all the figs got issued their weapons. I'll probably need three more of these eventually.

This was built to look like a plastered wall. Until I figure out where to mount it it sits on one of my shelves. I still need to knock the shine down, but it's been fine for a few months already. :p

Nothing new, just a bunch of my old junk that I make that's already been seen, but more of it in one place.

Thanks for looking. :)

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
I don't want to see this. I want to see a finished helo. So get going already. Wasting valuable sanding time with this trivial foolishness. ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good to see you back.

Hollowpoint said:
I don't want to see this. I want to see a finished helo. So get going already. Wasting valuable sanding time with this trivial foolishness. ;)
I unfortunately (For you) also want to see that finished Helo by the next BBQ. ;)

nan

P.S. Anyone hear from Joe (SOF 62) lately?

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
That's a nice rack (I'm not talking about your avatar, but it has a nice rack too).

So, when you say you make these... Do you also sell them?

Now lets see that finished Helo!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is altogether well and good for one's inner self and discipline to want that which is unattainable, gents. It gives us something to look forward to.

Believe me, I want that freaking thing done, too. I just need the time to do it. There are a couple things needing finished for other folks before I can get back to my own projects.

I'm not really in the business of selling, KneeJoint, but am always open to negotiations ;) . Thanks for the comment.

Much appreciated, MK-23 buddy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a couple pics of the molds. It's hard to see anything, so I used two different light angles.

The plug/master is there for each mold. The Tulle Fusil is lying next to the drawing used as reference (it was 1/6 luckily). The lock is cast separately from the weapon, and that's the teeny mold to the right.

The long piece to the far right is a jezhail. It has yet to go to mold, along with some other stuff not pictured. I cast up a small few of these initially from a temporary rigid mold I made.

The dark blue mold for the Ithaca Model A is made from gasket silicone. It takes much longer to cure, but seems to be more robust and resistant to wear. I use this stuff for some temporary work. Harder to work with when making the mold, but the finished molds work very well.

Of note is that only the two long molds have pour holes/sprues. Neither is vented, either. Best results come with a pre-pour to both open halves and then joining them as the resin is starting to turn. The backerboards keep the molds together (with twist-ties) and the resulting cast straight. The open pourhole acts as the vent on both molds.

All of the small molds I make have neither sprues/pourholes, or vents. They are squashmolds. Fill each half and join as resin starts to turn. Excess (minimal) is squeezed out the seam. The 1860 Colt, Ithaca Model A, and flintlock are squashmolds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My pleasure, Uramegak. Thanks.

Thanks, Stinny. While apparently not the particular flavor for the board, I personally like the older eras. There isn't alot of stuff available (more like zero) so I have to make it if I want it.

Post anything but helicopter updates and I'm as popular as a Dice Clay kissing booth at a Lilith Fair. :sadshake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.