One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no problem with it if you honestly put effort into a figure and post it here, that really inhances the board, but if you throw something together and it looks like a piece of crap, please dont post it. I know I've never posted any figures here so why should I be talking, but I'm sure i'm not the only one who has seen a title that looks cool that clicks to find a figure in woodland cammies missing a leg with an m-1 garand. So, if you throw it together in a couple of minutes, I, personally really don't care about it. Others might. If you're looking for construtive criticism than this is a great place for it, but if you really just didn't try most people probably don't care. This isn't ment to be mean spirited so please dont ban me.

·
Duty First
1,119 Posts
Why don't you profread your're rant before posting so I wont think its' a piece of crap post?

I was realy hopeing your post would inhance the bored.

This isn't ment to be mean spirted so please donmt ban me. Its just construtive criticism.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
You are more then welcome to your opinion. One of the joys of this board is that all levels of skill are welcome. Some folks are serious modelers others are collectors. Some folks kit bash, some build elaborate displays. Some times folks are just having a bit of fun, slap a figure together for yuks and say "look what I made". It's all good here.

If you see a post or bash you don't like, just move along to the next... No worries.

·
Super Moderator
9,154 Posts
Longhorn, your a looser! Theirs no dout abowt it. :p

Oh, the irony.

But seriously, I gotta echo KneeJoint's sentiments.
Don't be hater. Doesn't look good on you.

** (let's try our best to keep it light guys)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I was just coming back here to let MCAVSOG know he's bound to ruffle a few feathers with his post, and that he shouldn't be surprised if folks come out swinging.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Not very nice. As someone who has put a lot of time into a figure and feel that it comes up a short as compared to some of the bashes seen on this forum, I feel that anyone should be allowed and encouraged to post any figure that they have put time and effort into. OSW is as much about learning as it is sharing your latest bash. I have picked up lots of info from the constructive criticism I have read for others as well as that I have received for my figures. I like to feel that we are one big family here and while I don't post as much as some others do I come here every day and look at the newest figures. While some are a little more polished than others maybe, we should all have a place where we can share a brotherhood of the man dollie. I guess what I am really getting at is that a lot of us, I am sure, don't have many people around us every day who understand our little hobby let alone give a rat's (My wife tries to be supportive but some days she just thinks I'm nuts) and it would be a shame if we started vetting our bashes before posting because we are afraid they are not worth anyone's time. I hope this didn't come off as a rant but it struck me as something that needed saying. Thanks. Mike

·
Lets Go Blues
2,971 Posts
MCAVSOG, I agree with everyone else. I can understand that some figures posted here you see you are not going to like. I agree with Kneejoint though. Some people are going for 100% realism, others do sci-fi stuff, others just like to slap something together take a few pics and say, " hey look what I made." I am guilty of that one. There have been many times where I have put my damn hardest into a figure to make it as realistic as possible. Other times after work or a long day of classes, I have come home and thrown something together because its relaxing and takes my mind off of the stress I had that day. All I am saying is if you honestly do not like someone's figure then that's your right, but other people here might love it and I think sharing it with everyone here no matter what it looks like is what I like about this fourm. Sorry for the rambling.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Purtyy stoopid poste...

·
Alba Supporter! (Staff)
2,555 Posts
Well, here's a good perspective. Mine. :)

I, as many have, started as a not so experienced 1/6th customizer. Here's something that I posted when I first started, but over at Greenleaders board.

Now personally, I think that looks like crap to me. Why? Because I know I can push myself to come up with something much more creative. Such as this:

Lots of custom stuff on this guy. If you look, it's like two opposite sides of the spectrum. Why? Because I came here, posted my garbage figures and used it to push myself to get better. I got tips and criticism from folks and used it to my advantage. There are still folks out here that are afraid to post their figures because of the level of talent here. I think I am pretty average compared to most of these guys, but I still get on here and do it. It's fun, I learn and get better. Don't knock peple that have the courage to post photos of their own figures. You may think they are crap, but they sure don't. They might think thats the best bash they've done, but learn they can only get better. Personally, I looked at your post history and you haven't shown much of anything, so where do you come off telling members when not to post stuff?

End of my rant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That sound you hear is a few years' worth of work that many in the hobby have put into encouraging those more private and self-conscious souls to feel free to post their work....going right down the drain.

Anyone reading this thread that has now backed away from the "submit" button, .....don't. Show your work. It IS appreciated by a great majority of admirers of the scale. You're not here to please anyone but yourself, that's why it's a hobby. You'll find my name at the very top of the list as a true fan of all submissions.

The idea is to share, not compare.

I take something away from every single submission I see. Every one.

Those who have the guts to post deserve a bit of respect, regardless of one's personal opinion on the work presented.

And like 1Delta10Tango alluded to, there are varying levels of experience, age, and acumen in the hobby (not to mention personal goals from this or any other hobby). All of which need to be encouraged and respected if any sort of future is expected in 1/6 growth.

It's not important to be the best or number one. Only to know that you've done the best you can. That's what makes every effort special.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
wow...and I thought I was a trouble maker...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've also noticed, MCAVSOG, in your post history of threads started that there is a majority of inquiry posts regarding opinions on products and various questions regarding equipment usage etc.

Basing decisions on other people's opinions.....
Asking questions that can be answered with just a little effort and research......

There's more to all this than what's on the surface, I think.

You wanted to post three kitbashes in one thread, experienced some difficulty, and just quit.

I want to sincerely offer my PM box if there's anything you want to talk about or vent, etc. I'd really like to see you have fun with this hobby. Please feel free to contact me and maybe we can figure out how to bring the fun back to mandolls.

·
What I miss??????
645 Posts
I have to echo EagleMP's thread. I remember the jitters I had the first time I posted at OSW. I've used the criticism to better my work. That is the only way to get better. Also, as you progress, the kudos from the board are a great morale booster. So I hope the thoughts of one won't deter any newbie wanting to post pics of a bash.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.