One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THE BUTCHER (OSW Stuff:)
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, that's right they're going to take away my playground. The area has been sighted for redevelopment just beside the river. They have since boarded up the place.

There goes my playground with lush greenery and excellent waterway.

Close up

·
In the bush..........Nam baby!
3,190 Posts
I know how you feel, although my wounds were self-imposed.

I owned a perfect 15 acre site, which I used for PTO, ETO, and Vietnam photo shoots and stories. I had built a bridge over a small irrigation ditch, had the early beginnings of battle damaged Normandy town, had built a good section of Tarawa seawall, and had long term plans for a Vietnamese village and another bridge.

But my wife decided she wanted to run a small business, and we ended up selling the property and our horses, so she could follow that dream.

The loss of that property, more than anything else, is the reason my output has slowed to about nothing lately.

Maybe one of these days I'll find another spot, and will get fired up again.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
This is some sorry news from both of you, and I join the others in hoping you'll both find new ground. As I drive around every day, I try to find just such locations that I can out to for some outdoor pics.
Hang in there guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.