One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, of course I'm too old to be trick or treating but I love Halloween a lot so I fixed that, for years EVERY year I dress up for Halloween and what I do is to make it REALLY fun, I scare the kids and then give them candy but there was many times that some didn't get any because they were so scared of Me! Oh man it's so hilarious! For the last several years I was Jason Voorhees. I have so many stories about that stuff! Its so darn fun! People ask Me why do I do it and I simply reply to them "Today is Halloween, a day your suppose to be scared and I'm gonna scare 'em!"

Unfortunately I retired him in 2009, in 2010 I was the Monster Abyss, now I am gonna be a NEW guys, a Sith Lord, My own creation called DARTH HYDE for the first time ever this year in 2011!

That's yours truly waiting to scare the kiddies!

I sit on the bench as you see in the picture above and I act like I'm a dummy or a statue trying not to even breathe and then when the trick or treaters get close to Me I hurry up and get up and act like I'm gonna attack them and usually it scares the boys and girls but especially the girls but sometimes their wise to it or just don't scare easy. Oh READ THIS! If that isn't enough when I suddenly "come alive" I give them their candy and then CHASE them down the street! Oh it's so freaking fun!!!

I LOVED THIS ONE: Last year when I was Monster Abyss trick or treaters were coming on My porch and I had the door open and they saw Me in the kitchen which is a bit aways from the door so I hurried up, walked fast with My big Janus 2X4 toward them, they couldn't believe it and they ran down the steps to down the street and they never got their FREAKIN' CANDY! Oh I loved it!

Maybe I'll show pics of me as Darth Hyde when the time comes. In the mean time dudes, talk about Halloween, why you like it and what you do on Halloween! Any found memories? What do you plan on dressing up as? Let the conversation begin!

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well guys, what do you say? Anyway here is a sample of My Darth Hyde gimmick, let Me know what you think! He's got his own story and everything! Let Me know if you want to know! I might show more pics as well!

Enter: Lord Darth Hyde!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I answer the door as an old guy (no CGI needed), every year is different, trick-r-treaters wise. Mostly I enjoy seeing parents and kids enjoying themselves, as I did, as a kid and a parent.

My better half never asked me to go to a haunted house after the first time. The actors were great, which is why I guess I instinctively threw one that charged me......

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,326 Posts
We, our family, turns off all the lights and are very quite...because we don't have any candy to give away!

No. We live in Korea and there just aren't any trick or treaters around. It is mainly because 99% of Koreans don't go out trick or treating. It is a traditional American holiday. I wish my kids could experience it.

BrandontheFigureFreak:grinroll
Brave Rifles:grinroll
pukingdog: Like I said, I wish my kids could experience it.

·
Riverboat engineman
2,219 Posts
I do nothing,just give out candy.
But I do keep an eye out for the "ghost" kid who I have seen looking at my 1:6th collection!
I wrote about this in an earlier post.
Might see him holloween night!

·
Freakin' Dude!
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh man, was I tired! Darth Hyde took more of a work out that I thought. I scared some people, mostly the girls.

I did my usual "pre-game show" walking up and down the street, some of the drivers of the cars like Me. Much later after many visitors I just stood like I was doing before by the porch with My head down really still and one teenage girl said, is that guys real guy and the other said yeah it is but the other didn't agree than when I suddenly moved toward them she said "oh F, that is a real guy!" I said to them in My strange voice "i'm more real than you think!" Many had no idea I was and some really liked Me some were just kinda not into the night. Had a lot of people, gave away 6 pounds of candy!

Well guys, I like My new creation Darth Hyde but he is actually difficult and standing there walking around for 4 hours it tuff. I think I'm gonna be somebody new next year but well see how it goes:) If you want more info from Me like who is Darth Hy and what else happen on Halloween let Me know!

·
Animal Psychologist
861 Posts
Brandon I think my 12 year old son will don a costume if he can scare people while pretending to be a porch decoration. I will think of an easy costume...and make one for him!

·
das sage ich nicht!
1,424 Posts
. It is a traditional American holiday. .
its not just an American holiday, here in Ireland its been celebrated for thousands of years in one form or an other.

wiki says:

Halloween is not celebrated in all countries and regions of the world, and among those that do the traditions and importance of the celebration vary significantly. In Scotland and Ireland, traditional Halloween customs include children dressing up in costume going "guising", holding parties, while other practices in Ireland include lighting bonfires, and having firework displays.Mass transatlantic immigration in the 19th century popularized Halloween in North America, and celebration in the United States and Canada has had a significant impact on how the event is observed in other nations. This larger North American influence, particularly in iconic and commercial elements, has extended to places such as South America, Australia,New Zealand,continental Europe, Japan, and other parts of East Asia.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts