One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Yugoslava was not allied to NATO or the Warsaw Pact it faced a real threat of invasion so Territorial Defence Forces (Teritorijalna Odbrana or TO) were set up during the late 60's. Their role was to act as a a reserve force that could support the regular Yugoslav Army in times of war by conducting guerrilla type attacks and defending towns against any invaders. Each area of the country set up, organised and ran it's own TO unit, recruiting from the local population. As the break up of Yugoslavia became inevitable at the end of the 80's the Serbian controlled Federal government tried to take over or disband many of these units. Many TO units however remained loyal to their regional governments and hid their weapons etc. When the various republics initially declared independence their TO units formed the basis of their armed resistance against the Federal Forces, often wearing old Yugoslav camouflage uniforms (in this case over civillian clothing).

This bash is based on an illustration in Osprey's "Yugoslav Wars (2)" and represents an officer in a Bosnian TO unit defending Tuzla. I just threw him together quickly after recieving my Panzerwerk/Human Wave Uniform set, which I have to say is of excellent quality!! I know some people were put off it by the obscure nature of the subject but as I don't concentrate on a particular era (jack of all trades, master of none that's me!!) that wasn't a problem. It took a bit of research to find the suit being used with equipment I had available but I think it's turned out pretty good and I hope that they do produce more of these type of uniform sets. (I'm getting an urge to bash some more Balkans War subjects!!)

(the badge was custom, printed off a website I found)

Needs a bit of weathering but hopefully you like him!!
Thanks for looking
Cheers
Greg

·
Resin in my Blood
662 Posts
too cool Greg ! was this from the pic of the guy wearing the Olympic Hat ??? i was thinking of doing a similar bash , pics are hard to find , but out there , Military photos has a bunch but you really have to search for them , Great bash !!

Btw , you can thank Auggie Romero for the outstanding quality ! i just supplied the 1/1 uni and some cash , he did all the work ! :thumb :thumb

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments - and a big thanks to Auggie too!! The uniform really is excellent!! I don't think it's based on the pic you mentioned - I found an illustration in an Osprey book - there was a photo too of a guy wearing this uni (I think... it was in B&W but he had a beret on) I'm still looking for other reference pics though.
Cheers
Greg

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
I'm not too informed on the topic so many thanks for the info, Greg3. That is one nice bash. At last, I see the Panzerwerks uniform in action and it looks like a well-cut, well-made set of threads :thumb :thumb

The guy with the Sarajevo Olympics beanie is going to be a unique bash, I tell ya!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts