One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had the pleasure of Ross' company yesterday. He brought over a bunch of his stuff and I broke out a bunch of mine. After BS-ing and talking shop we got down to work.

I finally started doing a new Hoverbike and this time I'm taking pictures. Ross is building his own thing using the same Sigma 6 parts I'm using. I don't want to spoil it, I'll let Ross show his own stuff.

I have to say. As much as I like being on the boards and comparing projects with you guys, it's way more fun and satisfying to meet up and do this in person.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That looks really cool so far. I had the same idea, except I was planning to keep the skids on. Can't wait to see more.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Just thought I'd show an updated wip shot. Having too much fun with this thing, everyone should make some custom vehicles! I'm in a holding pattern until some gear arrives.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Looks great, I like the OD scheme, has a nice metallic sheen to it. The bare metal on the bolt and leading edge of the intakes[?] are nice too, and the black wash sets it off nicely.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Daaaaaaaaamn Ross! I leave you alone for two weeks and look what you gone and dun. The paint job is sweet.

I'm still beating my head against the wall... The Ducati was a much easier base to work from then the Honda I'm using this time. I'll post a couple of WIP pics tomorrow.

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Thanks guys, still a ways to go on this. I want to try wrapping the seat with leather, add gear behind the riders seat (made an order to Monkey Depot) to cover up the screws that hold the whole thing together, and have a go at airbrushing. I bought an airbrush over the summer and havn't really used it yet. Then I need to work on the rider! Oh, by the way, I saved the buttons on the wings so that it can still fire the missles from the original toy.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the by... I've seen a little bit more of Ross' new baby. She is schweeeeeeet! I think it's going to blow the Blood Eagle out of the water... erm, I mean air.

Now I need to get the new hover bike finished and the old one revamped. Damn you Ross! Daaaaaaamn you!

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Just doing the last little tinkering, then I'll be posting the completed piece. This has been a little more then 2 months since the first post, but has seemed like a year already, and I'm almost there, just a little more tweakin'.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
DAMN! Looks sweet!

And I just saw the pics for Kneejoint's Blood Eagle too.

Both of you guys have inspired me to get my ass in gear and do some work on one myself.

Thanks for sharing!

John

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
amazing work - don't forget this May I'll be announcing the 3rd annual Sci-Fi Bash contest - while I'm not sure if there will be as many prizes as there were last year (as OSW.com is hosting a massive giveaway during WOH), we'll figure something out - great work!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rfr5671, that's really cool! That makes me want to continue with where I left off with my bike project (that I haven't really started). Please show more WIP pics.

KneeJoint, are you showing your WIP pics, too?
Not right now.

I'm dragging ass. My second hover bike project is not making me happy. The first one using a Ducati frame pretty much happened almost like magic... At least that's how it feels. I'm trying to do the same thing with a Honda frame and it's not going very smooth. It's about 80% done and I want to scrap the entire idea.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.