One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kitbash MacGyver
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say a few lines about my very good friend, Brian Sercer. Unfortunately, I found out this morning that my friend Brian had died. I really wanted to mention him here because aside from being one of my very best friends...he was also a superb figure customizer, unfortunately one who never really thought that his work was up to par...but trust me when I say that Brian's work was not only up to par with, but IMO surpassed some of the best work I've ever seen. Brian was truly a master modeler in so many different scales. I proudly have in my posession a base Brian had created for me (completely un-bidden) wherein there is a full-blown trench scene for a group of Eastern Front FJ and their mg34 machine gun crew. The snow covered ground, the bits of muddy, earth showing through...truly stonishing work. One of Brian's best pieces utilized SST's WW1 German Trench Raider amidst a mustard gas attack...the simulated gas hovering over the ground and surrounding the mud-drenched raider is very eery and one of the most haunting 1/6 works I've ever seen. I will miss my friend for more reasons than I have the space to count here, but I just wanted to share him with the warriors here, to pay my respects to him with a community that Brian very much enjoyed. Take care Brian, I hope you have found rest.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Sorry to hear your friend has passed away. Sounds like he was a heck of a guy and I'm sure he will be in many folks thoughts and prayers for some time to come. My deepest condolences to all who knew him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like we all lost a friend along with you, bud. I never knew of him, but I feel his loss through your tribute and admiration. You're what everybody wants in a friend, and that's the best way for you to remember him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was a co-worker of Brian's when we worked together at Frank's Nursery. I didn't know until this year that he had passed - I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't know he was a figure customizer. I would love to see come of his work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts