One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried putting nylon stockings on my Phicen silicone body and gave up after a 30 minute struggle. There was so much friction that I couln't get them on. It was especially tight on the heel and arch of the foot. Any suggestions? I put the stockings on my Barbie curvy doll (whose clothes fit the medium breast Phicen) and on the hard slick plastic, the stockings went on easily.

Doller

·
Registered
272 Posts
I put the foot all the way in first, leaving the rest bunched around the ankle, then
slowly work the stocking up the leg. This the same method the 1:1 prototypes use.
I know, I have enjoyed watching several...
regards

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
The way I do it is to turn stockings inside out, get them on the hard plastic feet, and then unroll them all the way up the leg. I use the same trick for pants sometimes too. Saran Wrap or wax paper might help as well.

EDIT: you can see what I mean in my photo review where I demo it at Flirty Girl Secret Lingerie Set Photo Review (Photo Heavy!)

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I'm assuming this is a steel s. body that has the soft squishy skin. When they are new they have a coating that makes the skin somewhat slick. If this coating is worn off the figure will feel very sticky. If the legs feel sticky then putting on stockings will probably be next to impossible. If this is the case you can coat the legs lightly with corn starch. Just don't use too much or it will get on clothing. I apply it with a soft artist brush, very lightly and rub it in. If you try this, just take your time and try not to use too much. Using too much isn't as much a problem with pale bodies and light colored clothing. but too much powder will show a lot on suntan. The corn starch can easily be rinsed off. It's not permanent. The saran wrap will probably work too. I like using powder because I think it also helps protect it and it attracts less dirt. Other people on the forum have recommended corn starch too. However, it seems like when these figures are new that the coating is something else. Maybe a type of silicon powder. It would be nice to know what was originally used.

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
A light coating of talcum (Baby) powder or corn starch should work. Personally I've just given up on putting stockings on Phicens as they seen more suited to hard plastic types and don't seem to be made with Phicens in mind. The only exception perhaps being the ones Phicen itself produces. The ones from my honor guard figure are better quality than those I've seen out there and fit the Phicen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I’ll try these. I also ran across a Post called Easier Figure Dressing by Alastair who recommended a product called Silicone Finishing Powder, apparently used by makeup artist who apply silicone masks and built ups to actors. It strengthens and lubricates the silicone. When I went on the internet, it is rather hard to find and somewhat expensive. I have an idea to wrap wax paper around the led and then pull it off. Also I might try wrapping lace like ribbon around the leg and hold it up with garters. I will keep you posted how these work.

Doller

·
OSW Member
222 Posts
I saw that post too and was thinking that silicone finishing powder might be what is used originally on the figures. I forgot about that post. I am thinking of buying some. Yes, a bit expensive but I saw some that was a little cheaper. Also, probably only need to use small amounts so a small container should last a long time.

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
Baby powder or cornstarch I tell ya. Even Phicen tells you to use cornstarch to rejuvenate their figures...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I cleaned one of my early steel bodies and per phicen lightly used corn starch, she still looks good.
As for the original subject of this post, I have never had an issue with my girls putting on nylons, nor
have I had use anything but patience in doing so. Check online for the video "woman putting on
nylons" and you'll see how it's done.
regards

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Baby powder or cornstarch I tell ya. Even Phicen tells you to use cornstarch to rejuvenate their figures...
In general I agree, but the problem I have is corn starch on a figure + dark clothing == weird white marks on stuff. It's a fine balance to get enough to be effective but not too much so it starts getting in other stuff.

Plus, you know, I am a totally lazy and impatient kind of guy, so going to find the corn starch doesn't happen as often as it probably should :).

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
I find most stockings and lingerie out there is not designed for Phicens, but for smaller smooth plastic action types, and on the small side. I think you need to find Phicen specific stockings. I have no problem putting on and removing the stockings made by Phicen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I re-coat my phicens every time I work on them. Then hit them with some compressed air to blow off extra. Some clothing requires a lot of talc to get on. Compressed air in a can with straw attachment gets it all off when you are done

·
Caught in a 1/6 world
188 Posts
I frankly gave up entirely trying to put pantyhose or stockings on my Phicens when after my first aborted attempt I noticed the armature had nearly poked through the foot as a result of my struggles. For me they are simply too expensive a figure to F-up by experimenting. I find I can live without stockings on them as if the risk of any color staining them wasn't enough to deter me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was able to convince Emma to don a garter belt and hose

What made this a successful effort is I found a couple sources of dry lubricant. On Ebay I found a Phicen maintenance powder set.

This set comes with a hair brush, Body lubricating powder, Powder puff, and sticky wax. On one leg, I used the tip of my finger to apply a small amount of powder from her foot to her waist. Do this over a clean piece of paper and you can reuse the powder which spills over. A little powder goes along way.

From my local Hobby Shop, I tried Hob-E-Lube HL652 Dry White Teflon Powder Lube.

On the other leg I gently dabbed small piles of powder which I spread around with my finger tip. Both lubricants seemed to work equally well. Thanks to the lubrication, the stockings and garter belt went on much easier. Note that it is important to put the panties on top of the garter belt for convenient purposes.

doller

·
Registered
272 Posts
y'all are silly, but you make life interesting!
Talk about making a simple task complicated.
As for stockings, look for the website "a daughter who sews",
they have phicen specific stockings plus others.
regards

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Rather than try to pull the nylons into place, I roll them up. I start with the foot, and them roll them up each leg. Some pulling is still required, but more as an adjustment. Be careful with nylons, as these tend to stain, especially where they are squeezed by shoes or boots.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. I will check out that other website for stockings. I was concerned about the staining of Emma, especially since she was stained when I left some fake leather black gloves on her arms for a week. Before I put the hose on her I washed them in the bathroom sink with hand-soap and let them thoroughly dry. I don't think I noticed any dye in the sink water.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also have some pantyhose and bodysuits that I want to try out. Those won't roll up like stockings will, and that is where these dry lubricants will help alot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to weigh in here and reiterate what some of you are saying. I'm interested in some of the dry lube suggestions but so far (and I'm new to this) I've found that cornstarch works just beautifully. It has that light, silky texture that you need for sliding things over the silicone. Also, someone mentioned turning the stockings inside-out--YES. Use an unsharpened pencil and roll each stocking inside-out over the pencil, down to the feet (leaving the feet right-side-in). Slip stocking foot over doll foot, and roll lightly up your doll's cornstarched leg. It works just beautifully. Also--I agree wholeheartedly about The Daughter Who Sews. I purchased a set of stockings and arm braces from her through eBay and they were completely perfect for the Phicen girls.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts