Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From another forum.

Attachments

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
DC's Batman and Joker looked really good. Gentle Giant's HALO was a bit of disapointment IMO though - not that it looked bad, but I think there is plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Kotobukiya had plenty of stuff displayed (in Diamond booth) and all of it looked really good (albeit none of their stuff was 1/6 action figures). Their Spiderman in black suit and Alien were simply AMAZING. There were also some Stargate SG-1 and Jack Bauer 12'' figures on display. NECA had their Gear of Wars 12'' figures on display - I'm sure these would be a hit when out. It looked like that armor is part of the body though...
I've tried taking some pictures, as it always happens, I left my camera at home and had to work with my wife's point and shoot camera and nothing good came out. I will try to salvage something tomorrow, but it won't be much...

Alexei

·
Registered
324 Posts
Very nice pics - I would like to once again make a request for a Hawaii ComicCon!! I know, I know....keep dreaming.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
Gentle Giant's HALO was a bit of disapointment IMO though - not that it looked bad, but I think there is plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. i
I was just thinking how awesome it looked, and that McFarlane's 12" offering may be in serious trouble.

You were there and got to see it firsthand, though---what was so disappointing about it?

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
The GG one probably will cost an arm and a leg, from HT money and up would be my estimate. The McF one is a scaled up version of the one I posted here and will be very affordable, it will also be much more poseable.

CHEERS!

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
I was just thinking how awesome it looked, and that McFarlane's 12" offering may be in serious trouble.

You were there and got to see it firsthand, though---what was so disappointing about it?
Well the biggest disapointment was the way they had faceshield. It's a very simple silver paint. Looked rather dull and uninspiring. It's not a bad figure, just as I said above, it's just won't be anywhere what I come to expect from Hot Toys. Maybe I'm not a HALO fan enough? (I know, I know, I don't have HALO 3 for my XBox and actually do not plan to get it...):)

Someone had a HALO statue there, I think Kotobukiya but not too sure, which looked more impressive to me. But it's statue and I think a bit smaller then 1/6.

The figures I liked the most were NECA Gear of War. Now those were painted extremely well. Also, I think DC Direct had a couple of World of Warcraft figures on display in larger scale (1/7 or something, less then 1/6 for sure, but large compared to other figures) that looked fabulous...

Alexei

1 - 8 of 8 Posts