One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finished this bash this afternoon after repainting and weathering the M9 from SS (painted it black instead of the default silver). After my experience with a plastic toy, I went back to further weather this guy. Added more shades of sand and reddish dirt to most of the gear. I would say he is near completion but I have not ventured into weathering uniform and vests..... :wideyes

I would have preferred using the Tan RRV but I was missing the pouches so I switched to the MEF II RRV. The vest and pouch colors look uniformed but now they appear to be too greenish. One down, one to go.

I did lighting test after reading up on the great thread about photographing our toys. Did a test on lighting using reflector and realised it's a great way to light up the face. Here's a test.

"Control, we have a problem."

"I think we have a new breed of Transformers."
"Waaaaaaalllllllllllllllll Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I am sure those who are particular about gear accuracy will curse and swear at inaccuracies of the loadout but hey, it's supposed to be sitting on my shelf! :nanana

Cheers
Tang

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks! I like him as of now n think he'll be kept in this state forever. :)

I wanted to make this a sniper and the HT NSW Mk43 Mod1 gunner as his fire support. Intended to use the M14 EBR on him but not sure if the era matches..... He is still missing lots of items.

Thanks for watching.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Spent 6 hours last night and 3 hours this morning repainting a recasted Lincoln Burrows HS. I am not sure if it turned out better but this is the first venture into painting and the iris painting is a pain!!! Big shaky hands and tiny paintbrush dun go well.

Lighting during daylight seems to wash out the after pic so hopefully the night shoot tonite will give a better result. I'd be screwed if u think the HS on the left is after it'd been painted. :p

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
The Burrows HS is repainted really well Tang, and your Sniper HS bash is pretty cool too.
Look forward to seeing him all finished up, and with your photo set up the pictures are going to be superb.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts