One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Had an unexpected day off today so i thought id take a few pics of my latest bash, 'Bob Richardson', England Cricket Team Captain, circa 1935. Just a simple bash but hope you will enjoy!
Thanks!!
-mike-

Parts breakdown:

Cricket Leg Pads: scratch built using fabric, leather, q-tips, glue, paint etc
HS and Nude: dml Bob Richardson, neo3 body
Hands: Hot Toys gloved hands modified to fit neo3 body
Pants: TT
Shirt and undershirt: dml
Hat: TS, shortened brim and repainted and added England Cricket logo
Cricket Bat: SS
Cricket Ball: SS repainted Red
Shoes: SS
Base: scratch-made from green felt
Wickets and Bales: scratch-made from wood

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Thats great Mike, nice job on the custom stuff. Another unexpected figure.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Harley and thanks so much!! Not sure anyone had ever bashed a cricket player before but i thought it would be a neat one to have. Spent a lot of time on the shin guards and it took some doing bnut in the end im really happy with how they look, thanks Harely!! As for the HT hands i very carefully slimmed down the peg with a nail file, added a little extension to it from a dml one, then superglued it and it fits nicely inside the wristpost.
Thanks very much Harley!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi JIm and thank you so much!! Really had fun working on this figure, not something you see everyday for sure but really glad you liked him, thanks very much Jim!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Don and thanks my friend!! Really glad you enjoyed him, had great fun working on him as im a huge sports nut lol! Absolutely love those gloves, cant recall whos bash i saw them on, but i knew when i saw them they would look great on 'Bob'. A Jai a Lai player would be a great idea ;)
Don, as always, thanks so much!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Leo and thanks very much!! Yea kinda snuck this one in huh lol, not something y ou see everyday but being a sports junkie i thought this would be a cool unique bash to try and do. Realy glad you enjoyed thanks Leo!!

Hi Azazel and thanks mate!! Really glad you enjoyed my Cricket player bash! He was really fun to do and i enjoyed working on him and as you said not something, if ever, u might see bashed! Thanks for the comments and glad you liked him, cheers!

Thanks guys!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey DEIIP and thanks so much man!! Really glad you enjoyed this one, had a lot of fun working on this guy and especially taking the pics, he was hard to put down as i wanted to keep batting LOL! Thanks for the always kind words, really glad you liked him!!
Thank you!!
-mike-

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
You did it again mike!!!!!!!.........you really have hit a "home run" with this bash mate.
You keep taking the hobby to a greater level, ...not only with your expertise on painting, scratch-building and your ability to display a figure to it's extreme,...but also in your ability to choose subjects that are seldom (if ever) covered by other artists.
You really have "hit a six" with this bash Mike,.....and from what i can see,..your well over "100, not out"

Just about perfect.
Neil.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Neil and thanks vry much!!! Really glad you enjoyed him Neil and as always you are much much too kind my friend. The leg pads took a bit of doing but i had a pretty good idea from the start and actually arent that far off from my icehockey goalie pads i wore when i played, so they were fun to make.
So glad you enjoyed Neil, i know you are a Cricket fan so i was a bit nervous about him after we talked about it but im so happy you enjoyed him that much, this one is dedicated to you mate.
Thanks Neil!!
-mike-

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
I'm gobsmacked - what a great - and unusual figure, especially coming from the other side of the pond. Bravo, Mike!

I'd love to see you do one of England's most famous cricketer, W.G. Grace

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
HI Blain and thank you so much!! Really glad you enjoyed him and thanks so much for the comments! Glad you liked the secnd base as well, that was fun to make and i think looks pretty cool on the little round green base. Thanks so much Blain!!

Hi David and thank you very much!! I had a pretty good feeling this one would catch your eye and surprise you as i was fairly sure u would be a cricket fan, thanks so much for the comments! I have to confess im not an expert on the sport as u might have imagined, hard for us on the other side of the pond to get it on the tv here but when i can find it on i do watch even im a bit lost as to the rules lol, i do like it tho and rugby, and soccer as well.
Thanks for the pics of W.G. Grace! He's got load of character and ill see what i can do about bashing him as well if i can find a suitable headsculpt.
David, thank you very much!!
PS. David here is another pic of W.G. Grace i just found

Thanks so much guys!!
-mike-

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts