One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Notorious Disney's Belle doll - anyone?

4K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Moonbase Alpha Male 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi fellas.

I think everybody heard about this Disney's version of Emma Watson as Belle.

Lip Eyebrow Eyelash Human body Neck

Outerwear Hairstyle Toy One-piece garment Dress

Did anyone buy one? The doll looks ugly, but we can see that underneath, there is a good headsculpt with bad painting and body.

I would like to know if the head is made of vinyl so it can be shrunk with acetone :)

Regards

PS: Pics taken from internet :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, I've no answer on the composition of Emma's head. But in passing it's worth mentioning that this line is impressive in some respects. The Beast looks really good, maybe for general fantasy or some science fiction conversion. And the outfit on the Gaston would probably look great on a better body with a realistic sculpt. And BTW the version of Emma that comes with that Gaston might be more useful for general 1/6 purposes to the extent a peasant outfit is likely more useful and versatile than the yellow gown.

#3 ·
Sorry, I've no answer on the composition of Emma's head. But in passing it's worth mentioning that this line is impressive in some respects. The Beast looks really good, maybe for general fantasy or some science fiction conversion. And the outfit on the Gaston would probably look great on a better body with a realistic sculpt. And BTW the version of Emma that comes with that Gaston might be more useful for general 1/6 purposes to the extent a peasant outfit is likely more useful and versatile than the yellow gown.
In this review, we can see that Gaston's HS is really good! I wish I could find one for a affordable price.

Disney Store: Belle and Gaston Film Collection doll set REVIEW - YouTube

Go to min. 7:37

#14 ·
Here's the link to his deviantart page: Before and After Doll Repaint Emma Watson as Belle by noeling on DeviantArt

He shows full body before and after. His painting and the new body make a huge difference.

I don't understand the bobble head look on these dolls at all. Disney store and Mattel are both doing it. It's why I stopped getting any more Little Mermaid dolls. They look stupid. :razz

#18 ·
To be fair, I think the biggest issue with the Belle doll is the hairline - if it were lower the head would look much more proportional. It's a really nice sculpt though, and I'm going to keep an eye out for cheap Gastons in the future as his sculpt and outfit have potential.

#19 ·
To avoid confusion by anyone chasing these figures, especially online, it should be stated that there are two different lines and we're talking about those available exclusively at the Disney store as opposed to the line available in general retail, Toys "R" Us etc. The same thing happened with Alice through the looking Glass but in that case both lines were similar quality. With Beauty and The Beast live action imho the Disney Store line is overwhelmingly superior.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.