One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
muscledog
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellas.

I think everybody heard about this Disney's version of Emma Watson as Belle.

índice.jpg

tumblr_ojwp1iw4JO1tdyxhuo1_500.jpg

Did anyone buy one? The doll looks ugly, but we can see that underneath, there is a good headsculpt with bad painting and body.

I would like to know if the head is made of vinyl so it can be shrunk with acetone :)

Regards

PS: Pics taken from internet :)

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Sorry, I've no answer on the composition of Emma's head. But in passing it's worth mentioning that this line is impressive in some respects. The Beast looks really good, maybe for general fantasy or some science fiction conversion. And the outfit on the Gaston would probably look great on a better body with a realistic sculpt. And BTW the version of Emma that comes with that Gaston might be more useful for general 1/6 purposes to the extent a peasant outfit is likely more useful and versatile than the yellow gown.

·
muscledog
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I've no answer on the composition of Emma's head. But in passing it's worth mentioning that this line is impressive in some respects. The Beast looks really good, maybe for general fantasy or some science fiction conversion. And the outfit on the Gaston would probably look great on a better body with a realistic sculpt. And BTW the version of Emma that comes with that Gaston might be more useful for general 1/6 purposes to the extent a peasant outfit is likely more useful and versatile than the yellow gown.
In this review, we can see that Gaston's HS is really good! I wish I could find one for a affordable price.

Disney Store: Belle and Gaston Film Collection doll set REVIEW - YouTube

Go to min. 7:37

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
In this review, we can see that Gaston's HS is really good! I wish I could find one for a affordable price.

Disney Store: Belle and Gaston Film Collection doll set REVIEW - YouTube

Go to min. 7:37
Thanks for that useful link. I agree the Gaston sculpt is really good but it's a bit stylized/cartoony. I can see it going great with something like the similiarly styled Hasbro Ghostbusters, or even the DAM Gangsters Kingdom. Actually that's an interesting idea since that line hasn't produced any "good guys" within its style.

As for affordable price, give it time -- the movie doesn't even open till mid-March so the Disney store may not discount these before that. But for comparison the Disney Store Star Wars figures which came out in December at $35 US, Krennic, Death Trooper, Jyn Erso, were on sale at $20 US last week and still are. And occasionally they do a "Family and Friends Discount" that's like 20% off store-wide.

·
muscledog
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for affordable price, give it time -- the movie doesn't even open till mid-March so the Disney store may not discount these before that. But for comparison the Disney Store Star Wars figures which came out in December at $35 US, Krennic, Death Trooper, Jyn Erso, were on sale at $20 US last week and still are. And occasionally they do a "Family and Friends Discount" that's like 20% off store-wide.
Thanks for the tips. Here in Spain the prices remain high even when the movie is considered old!:fit

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Thanks for the tips. Here in Spain the prices remain high even when the movie is considered old!:fit
North American Sales on a product like this are a weird thing. The purpose is promotional (as opposed to "clearance" which is when they just want to get rid of all the product). So sometimes sales happen early on in the product cycle because they think people may be encouraged to buy one figure that's on "Sale" for a week, then buy the rest at regular price. Also this is Disney Store so they are geniuses at marketing, and they want to use the figures to promote the movie (which opens March 17) as well as the other way around. I know there are Disney Stores in Spain, but I don't know if they do sales etc. like the US Disney Stores, or if they are more "the price is the price" like most European stores.

Disney.com ships internationally so if that would work for you, maybe check the site for weekly sales. Particularly I would say early March just before the movie opens, as they may want the figures to build its "buzz," plus in North America it's considered "Spring Break" which is generally a time for promoting to kids/families.

·
Action Figure Fanatic
6,615 Posts
Looks like Noel had to paint the entire head in the right flesh tone. I believe the out of the box color of the head is just whatever the plastic color is?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Looks like Noel had to paint the entire head in the right flesh tone. I believe the out of the box color of the head is just whatever the plastic color is?
Right. That's typical of these dolls.

He also changed the body so her head looks to be a normal size.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Right. That's typical of these dolls.

He also changed the body so her head looks to be a normal size.
That's a good point actually. The OP was worried about the head being oversized and trying to shrink it with acetone, but maybe the head is just right and the body is undersized. That would actually be a common Disney Store thing especially on females.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Here's the link to his deviantart page: Before and After Doll Repaint Emma Watson as Belle by noeling on DeviantArt

He shows full body before and after. His painting and the new body make a huge difference.

I don't understand the bobble head look on these dolls at all. Disney store and Mattel are both doing it. It's why I stopped getting any more Little Mermaid dolls. They look stupid. :razz

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
To be fair, I think the biggest issue with the Belle doll is the hairline - if it were lower the head would look much more proportional. It's a really nice sculpt though, and I'm going to keep an eye out for cheap Gastons in the future as his sculpt and outfit have potential.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
To avoid confusion by anyone chasing these figures, especially online, it should be stated that there are two different lines and we're talking about those available exclusively at the Disney store as opposed to the line available in general retail, Toys "R" Us etc. The same thing happened with Alice through the looking Glass but in that case both lines were similar quality. With Beauty and The Beast live action imho the Disney Store line is overwhelmingly superior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts