One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Notice Concerning Acquiring "Mortal Kombat" Authorization Permit of Warner Bros

Hello everyone:

Thanks for your like to Worldbox Figure. Worldbox Ltd is dedicated to the development of 12'action figure. Meanwhile, we are also the enthusiasts of action figure.

Recently, we received letters of lots of businesses and players consulting on the relevant matters of "Mortal Kombat" copyright.
Now we concretely inform that Worldbox has acquired "Mortal Kombat" authorization permit from Warner Bros.

In future, we shall carry out cooperation with more companies, such as EA ,SONY and so on. We hope to produce more good figures to you, thanks!

The following is the scanning copy of "Mortal Kombat" authorization,and part of characters (places) has undergone fuzzy processing for protecting trade secrets.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...al-kombat-figure-coming-soon.html#post3197811

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: Notice Concerning Acquiring "Mortal Kombat" Authorization Permit of Warner B

Yeah, pretty smart to show all WB routing numbers.. wow, that's monumental stupidity! Expect this to come down pretty quick.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Re: Notice Concerning Acquiring "Mortal Kombat" Authorization Permit of Warner B

"Dear World Box
Thank-you very much for Warner Bros. bank account number and for the copy of the CEO's signature. It will be very helpful to us.
signed
Forgers around the world"

Actually, maybe WB will have a re-think if they were to see this. I know I would.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

take those pictures down already... this is clearly confidential. why would you need to step this far just to answer 1 or 2 vocal doubters, when you have everything legal, just play it cool & release the figure at expected time, no need to scan down the contract duhh...

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,970 Posts

Anyone called or faxed Warner Bros. yet?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

I blame DFC for this meltdown/response.

And then I give him a big hug for it.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts

Since the actual posted (Redacted) scans of the contract have been removed by OSW or the original poster or whatever, it occurs to me someone reading just the comments without seeing the actual posted document could form the wrong impression. This would be unfair to Worldbox and possibly to Zipcoolo if someone reading just the comments concludes there was some drastic breach of confidentiality or privileged information. Particularly one would not want Warner Brothers to read this thread and maybe draw wrong conclusions that aren't fair to Worldbox (or Zipcoolo).

I am going purely by memory here as I read the posted document and commented in the other thread but I don't have a copy now. The important thing to note is that the document was heavily redacted to protect anything sensitive or confidential. Basically the fact of the licensing was left in, but the entirety of the business deal or financial terms were whited out. If their agreement contains any specific term on confidentiality, that was in the section that was whited out. I do not think the information shown publically was as sensitive or unusual as some comments here suggest. For example the VP's name at Warners is already public. Warner Brothers' Bank Account Deposit information was a bit iffy, but probably not so hugely sensitive if eg Warners writes out cheques on that Account, and this info is probably already widely available to anyone making payments to WB, which is a lot of people.

Part of what Worldbox presumably pays Warner Brothers for includes the right to publicize and "prove" to the public that they are working under a WB valid license, so what Worldbox did by releasing the strongly redacted posting doesn't seem drastically out of line if we properly emphasize that any sensitive or confidential parts were redacted out. Of course someone reading this thread now wouldn't necessarily know that.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,970 Posts

When I stated acknowledgment/proof . . . I thought a press release from Warner Bros. Licensing/Consumer Products would have sufficed.

When I saw the contact posted by WORLD BOX . . . I can hear the theme for Benny Hill playing the background.

:doh

I wouldn't be surprised if WORLD BOX looses the MK license due to their carelessness/stupidity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts