One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Resident 'NAM nut
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WIP, almost done. Need to dirty him up, add a knife and possibly replace the bata boots. One of about 10 NVA I have planned. I have the uniforms, belts and headgear, but vietnamese related 1:6 stuff is even harder to come by then American stuff and what does show up (Soldier Story) is bought up quick!

More info on the figure...
I have him wearing the "Winter" (or late war) NVA uniform because, not for any specific reason other then it fit the figure more then one of my bleached out NVA uniforms. He's travling light, almost too light for more liking but I feel like giving him a rucksack will make him look to heavy, and I do like the contrast on equipment from my heavy loaded americans to my lightly loaded Vietnamese.

· Proudly Banned by OSS
7,127 Posts
Great job on the NVA! I recommend the TS or Soldier Story Chicom shoes, they look like good mock-ups of the NVA boots to my eye. You could even wing it with Soldier Story/Hot Toys Bata boots or even U.S. jungle boots. The latter two were widely used for two big reasons - 1) they were better and more comfortable than the NVA-issued boots and 2) SOG planted large amounts of U.S. jungle boots over the jungles of Laos and Cambodia in order to confuse NVA trackers looking for American recon teams (i.e. If the NVA are all wearing American boots, looking for the distinctive tracks of American jungle boots is no longer a viable means of tracking Americans.) I do have picture proof of NVA wearing jungle books - Frank Greco has a picture of a captured NVA wearing a pair of the boots in his photo-history Running Recon. Just food for thought and again, great job!

· Resident 'NAM nut
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ Captain Miller, yes it is an airsoft m60 :thumb

@ Casual Collector I have a pair of TS bata boots somewhere, but I couldnt find them. Im waiting for the SS Chinese soldier to be released to buy up some loose parts from him, his boots seem to be close enough to the TUS ones. I'll keep the jngle boot idea in mind, thanks for the info!

· Proudly Banned by OSS
7,127 Posts
You can contact the seller of the RPD's here: [email protected] or watch his eBay auctions here: http://myworld.ebay.com/mudhens66. He does RPD's and RPK's that are SUPER NICE. The auctions start at $25 + shipping on eBay, but I've been able to get one custom ordered for $33-35 shipped.
@JWP: Try JP-Hobbies and Toy-Anxiety. They've both parted out the PLA soldier (and JP had the Type-56 for $20!).

· Registered
1,013 Posts
Excellent NVA regular, very fond of the netting over the pith, and I like the fact that he's travelling light, more accurate. After all, didn't like 70% of them fight that way, sweet bash!!:thumb:thumb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.