1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Two things this Noob needs help with from your experience:

1. The "ZC World" Weapon Sets A and B.

They look good they have nice weapons (like the M200 Cheytac and DSR-1 sniper rifles) but I don't know anything about production quality and detail, if they are made of plastic and if they are heavy for kitbashing. I would appreciate your info.

2. Looking to buy an MK 48 machine gun (1/6 scale :) ) seen a Barrack Sergeant version, an Arms Rack version and a Soldier Story loose with ammo box/pouch. Which one is better in quality/detail?

Thanks in advance for your help

PS: Used the search button, found this for ZC weapons set: http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...n/628160-reactions-zc-world-weapons-sets.html but if someone wants to give further opinion, it will be welcomed

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,821 Posts
IIRC, the two weapons sets you're referring to received mixed reception when they were released back then due to design and quality on them.

Interesting variety of weapons, but mixed results in terms of design and quality of materials used on some pieces as well as details and functionality aspects on some pieces.

I would not say they're too heavy for kitbashing, but everyone has different preferences/tolerances.

However, they did redeem themselves with two new weapons sets released this year, but they too had a few nitpick issues, but nowhere near criticisms of the two sets you're referencing.

The Barrack Sergeant MK 48 is very good and received very good reviews when it came it out.

Out of personal bias/preference, I'd skip the one from Soldier Story.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
ZC is not Soldier Story (or even TTL/Toys City) grade, but they have been getting better recently and they also make stuff nobody else does. I have their M200 Cheytac from the Muriel sniper figure and it's pretty good, but others have done the M200 Cheytac (ZY Toys did a really good one) which may be easier/cheaper to find now since that ZC weapons set sold out a while ago. Nobody else has done a DSR-1 before or since, though. I think it's a nice piece, even given the accuracy concerns raised in that other thread. If I remember right, the bolt can come completely out of the rifle, and I remember someone on here had replaced it with a more accurate hand-made one.

I have all 3 of the Mk48's mentioned, and would say the Soldier Story is easily the best, followed by the Barrack Sgt. and then the Arms Rack as a distant third. There's another one from Crazy Dummy (now DAM Toys) that came out with some SEAL gunners a year or two ago which is on par with the Soldier Story Mk48, IMO. Not sure how easy these will be to find, though.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,280 Posts
As DFC said.
1. M200 Cheytac and DSR-1 sniper rifles are both quality rifles. Not in line with SS, DAM, or DiD, but quality rifles. Both are made of plastic so they are not heavy.

2. BS MK48 is very good. SS is more detailed in the way that it breaks down, but with this, becomes more fragile. I would stay away from Arms Rack. Poor quality compared to BS or SS. Price wise...I would go with BS if you don't have the money for SS. Either way, you won't regret buying those.

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx a lot guys this forum is a treasure and you a great help. I think I will get the ZC package for 2 -3 particular weapons (found it at a site) . Mk48 can wait a bit.

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,280 Posts

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will be pleasantly surprised. Again, they are quality, but not in line with other companies.

Here is my collection of arms.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...n-weapons-collection-2013-05-27-not-sale.html
Your collection is in a word, awesome!!!! Started to make my own recently, just modern weapons, to be used in kitbashing, additions and of course on a 1/6 gun wall :)

I might hit you up for more advise in the future. Also would appreciate if you take a look at my first attempts in this hobby and give any advice you please.
If you got time check this thread

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...tempts-kitbash-additions-feedback-needed.html

·
1/6 HSLD SOF fanatic
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will be pleasantly surprised. Again, they are quality, but not in line with other companies.

Here is my collection of arms.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...n-weapons-collection-2013-05-27-not-sale.html
Well , I just received my ZC guns kit, and I must say that I am very satisfied with M200- DSR-1 and only the TMP little gun is downright awfull, in my humble opinion. The Desert Tactical Arms rifles are in the middle, with the CQB version (actually its the "covert" version) being of lower quality appereance.
The Glock system is passable with the exception of the fore grip which is well... awful, quality wise.
All in all I consider it a well placed order especially because some of these rifles are really hard to find.

Thanks for your info Davinator, it was right on the mark.:thumb

PS: I got an SS Mk48 on the way, complete with belt, bullets, ammobox, bipod, a grip and DBAL-ACOG sights, plus sling on the way...

·
One Sixth Junkie
6,280 Posts
Well , I just received my ZC guns kit, and I must say that I am very satisfied with M200- DSR-1 and only the TMP little gun is downright awfull, in my humble opinion. The Desert Tactical Arms rifles are in the middle, with the CQB version (actually its the "covert" version) being of lower quality appereance.
The Glock system is passable with the exception of the fore grip which is well... awful, quality wise.
All in all I consider it a well placed order especially because some of these rifles are really hard to find.

Thanks for your info Davinator, it was right on the mark.:thumb

PS: I got an SS Mk48 on the way, complete with belt, bullets, ammobox, bipod, a grip and DBAL-ACOG sights, plus sling on the way...
:lol You are spot on with your observations!!!:lol
SS Mk48 is definitely quality! The best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts