One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to the 1/6 figure brigade and looking to do a kit-bash of a Phicen figure. I've trawled a ton of sites looking for bits and pieces, but I'm having trouble sourcing things.

I'm not sure this is the place to post this, but here goes in the hope of getting some help.

I'm trying to create somewhere between modern soldier and dystopian future warrior, with a hint of sexy for good measure. Lot's of pouches, leg holsters, belts, knee pads etc. All those bits seem fairly easy to find (if a little pricey). Where I am really struggling is good sites for clothing, such as boots, jackets, trousers etc. All I find is lacy underoos and stockings (I wouldn't normally complain!)

the sort of jacket and top I'm hoping for is something like this... (but not this)

http://www.v-storebiz.com/verycool-vcf2 ... let-black/

That, or maybe some kind of short winter jacket with fur hood.

I've also been looking at parts from Sucker Punch. does anyone know if the Amber jacket will fit Phicen figures?

I really need some help with this. My budget means I can't afford to buy whole figures and cannibalize the bits I need, so I need good suppliers of part's, or even just outfits. :thumb

·
Kit-Bash Krazy!
2,980 Posts
Hello, and welcome aboard!

So firstly, let me ask, you mention Phicen but are you sure it's a Phicen body you want to use? If you're going to be covering it up anyway, then perhaps the seamless body is not the best way to go. Also, whereabouts are you in the world? Would help us point you in the direction of more local retailers for you.

Lastly, what kind of look are you going for, something a little like this?

That was made from using a VERYCOOL Soviet female body and head sculpt, along with a few of the other parts from the boxed set, and a whole load of other bits and bobs I had laying around.

You may also find the works of this man, Dormal Snow, very inspiring for your 'future dystopian' theme: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snow-Corporation/161889887278934

Hope that helps,
Steve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, and welcome aboard!

So firstly, let me ask, you mention Phicen but are you sure it's a Phicen body you want to use? If you're going to be covering it up anyway, then perhaps the seamless body is not the best way to go. Also, whereabouts are you in the world? Would help us point you in the direction of more local retailers for you.

Lastly, what kind of look are you going for, something a little like this?

That was made from using a VERYCOOL Soviet female body and head sculpt, along with a few of the other parts from the boxed set, and a whole load of other bits and bobs I had laying around.

You may also find the works of this man, Dormal Snow, very inspiring for your 'future dystopian' theme: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Snow-Corporation/161889887278934

Hope that helps,
Steve.
Hi, thanks for the welcome. :)

I'm in the UK, but I'm happy to use international post, so long as the cost isn't too insane.

I really like the gritty style of your figure, she looks great! but I was looking for a slightly sharper look, a bit less post apacalypse/war-torn and more sci-fi enforcer character. A bit Blade Runner special forces/tactical cop with a sexy edge and maybe some characterful parts, like a smiley badge on her uniform and some cigarettes up her sleeve, that kind of thing.
(having said that, that link you provided was great, I'm half tempted to go full apocalypse now lol) I didn't explain what I was looking for very well, sorry.

I know Phicen can be a pain due to their inability to remove limbs etc. and I understand that certain clothing isn't suitable due to colour transferring to the rubber? but I'm on a bit of budget overall, so want a figure that can be more versatile covered up and also be in more revealing outfits, without having visible joins. The Phicen kinda does both (maybe not the former so well though) One of the reasons I want this character is to sketch from. So a body that is more anatomically accurate, without seems etc is best. I may get a BJD later down the line though.

I've seen a lot of cool stuff on this forum, sadly a lot of the posts don't say where the components came from.

@ siquisiri. thanks. I have seen some great WWII stuff. I have a few bits left over from two broken figures I got on sale years ago. A German paratrooper and an American G.I. I will probably use some of the webbing and kit from them.

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated. :clap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts