One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am waiting for delivery of my very first phicen and it's advert says S09 but in description it says s21b is their a difference ?
Allso any tips would be great struggling to find good beginners advice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A big difference.

S09C is old suntan (quite dark) with quite realistic genital details and a rather average, slim woman physique, with large breasts.

S21B is very muscular, super hero physique, with large bust and new suntan (lighter tan) without genital details.

I've got quite a few phicen/tbleagues and heads to match, so if you need any other advice, let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and thank you for your reply reading more into the description it says the female parts are not very detailed so guess it's not the s09 but the s21b. Another noob question what's tbleagues ? I see it all the time but not clue what it is as I said a total noob any advice for my first project using s21b would be great to guess given the buil I will go with some super hero look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi and thank you for your reply reading more into the description it says the female parts are not very detailed so guess it's not the s09 but the s21b. Another noob question what's tbleagues ? I see it all the time but not clue what it is as I said a total noob any advice for my first project using s21b would be great to guess given the buil I will go with some super hero look.
Phicen is Tbleague. Phicen had some issues with a company in Japan, (i think) who used the same name. There is on-going legal wrangling over who had the name first, but until it's sorted phicen who distributes 1/6 figures is known as tbleague. However, Tbleague and Phicen are interchangeable from a search perspective, say on ebay, as people still use both. Strangely www.phicen.com is still called phicen.com

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi I am waiting for delivery of my very first phicen and it's advert says S09 but in description it says s21b is their a difference ?
Allso any tips would be great struggling to find good beginners advice.
A big difference.

S09C is old suntan (quite dark) with quite realistic genital details and a rather average, slim woman physique, with large breasts.

S21B is very muscular, super hero physique, with large bust and new suntan (lighter tan) without genital details.

I've got quite a few phicen/tbleagues and heads to match, so if you need any other advice, let me know.
I believe that TBLeague does not produce the old suntan anymore, and the older S01 to S12 range are now produced in the current 'new' skin tones.
Also, the S09C and lower serial numbers have feet that are seamlessly part of the body. The S10 pale and S12D suntan on wards (ie. S21B) have detachable feet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great stuff guys so another question to help get me started what head or heads will go with a s21b suntan body, Lincs to eBay or photos would be great, Everybody has been so helpful what a great community you guys are

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great stuff guys so another question to help get me started what head or heads will go with a s21b suntan body, Lincs to eBay or photos would be great, Everybody has been so helpful what a great community you guys are
There are quite a lot of heads that will match, or at least very closely match the S21B. What might be a better idea, is to post heads you like the look of and link to the buying site and there will definitely be somebody who owns that head/body combo on here who can tell you if they match well or not.

Linking all the matching heads will take ages and you may not like the look of many of them, so it's easier if you post a few you like and we can try to help with colour matching advice.

To get you started though. I have some Super Duck heads on my S23B (same skin tone as S21) and they match quite well. They match better on pale tone, but it is close enough to get away with on suntan.

1/6 SUPER DUCK SDH002A Beauty Asian Girl Head Sculpt W Short Hair Fit 12'' Doll | eBay

This head comes in 3 different hair types, but the skin tone is all the same. Somewhere between pale and tanned (leaning more towards pale)

Another head that matches suntan quite well....

KIMI TOYS 1/6 KT005 Female figure head Sculpt For HT VERYCOOL PHICEN Body | eBay

I have that head on a suntan body and it's VERY close to a match.

A line of heads to AVOID are also super duck....

1:6 Female Head Sculpt SUPERDUCK SDH005B For 12" TBLeague Female Figure | eBay

This face type is very warm, almost sun burned looking in-hand. It only really matches Jiaou doll bodies. I had to use chalk powder to re-colour a Phicen to match it. So unless you want to get into the body painting business, avoid this line of heads. Again these are like the first Superduck I posted. They come with the same face, but different hair colours/styles. NOT a good match for you body.

This is worth looking at too....

Phicen Skin tone help

Hope all this helps get you started.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe that TBLeague does not produce the old suntan anymore, and the older S01 to S12 range are now produced in the current 'new' skin tones.
Also, the S09C and lower serial numbers have feet that are seamlessly part of the body. The S10 pale and S12D suntan on wards (ie. S21B) have detachable feet.
This is correct. S09C original incarnation is no longer produced in the older dark suntan. It is now coloured the same as the S21B/23B etc. There are however still old S09C bodies in old tan floating around on sites like ebay. So it's hit and miss what you will get with S09C, depending on where you order from.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you are particular with getting exact skin tone matching between head and body, the Super Duck heads do not match 100% to TBL bodies. Kimi and GAC heads do. Suggest you do a 1/6 head sculpt search on ebay to determine what you are looking for. There are many more brands, like YMtoys, and others with no brand name.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I made an amateur mistake today which reminded me of a great piece of advice...

I got some trousers through from evilbay today for a kitbash project. In my haste to try things out, I jammed them straight on my figure.... I now have an S23B with purple legs!

Clothing can stain figures, even hard ball joint figures and solid heads can be stained, but it especially effects soft bodies, as they absorb much more. So a few pointers worth knowing...

WASH! Any new clothing you buy for phicens, give it a wash! You can use a bit of detergent in a sink, or you can put the items in a sock or small fabric bag tied shut, and put them in the washing machine.
Be warned though. This is NOT recommended with faux leather clothes, as they tend to crack and peel if you wash them.
You also don't need to worry so much with very light coloured items. White things won't need to be washed, as there is no colour to transfer, but darker colours run the risk of staining. it's worth washing more than once too, to ensure you get the excess dye out completely.

Washing is one way of reducing this risk. Another is to use cling film (saran wrap in the US) to cover your figures body before putting on clothes. Just use it anywhere where it wont be seen and it will act as a barrier between the skin and the clothing. It has a really nice added benefit too. Clothes will SLIIIIIIIDE on so much easier with cling film.

Need to put trousers on your figure? Give her a light dusting of corn flour (corn starch), wrap her legs in cling film and wash those slacks and you are good to go. No staining.

I wish I had followed my own advice today! DOH!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts